Today's Ride

Re:

shinobi":2suw3ay0 said:
Mike Muz 67":2suw3ay0 said:
Lovely Gripshift you've got there, Paul! ;)

:LOL: :LOL:
:facepalm: It pains me to say it but it actually works ok :LOL: I have a bit of arthritis in my left hand so struggle a bit with front changes bit its not bad .
I had Gripshifts on my Funk for years, but shifting the front got to be too much of a pain, so I recently changed them out and it's much easier to ride now.
Today-Wednesday- A spectacular Fall day around here, about 70 F. and sunny. We took one of our usual climbs up to the Scout Camp today, and the recent rains have made the grip in the woods fantastic, with almost no mud. On the descent back to town, a porcupine came out of nowhere and scurried across the road right in front of me at a pretty fast part of the descent- definitely got my heart rate up... :)

Attachments

• View of Mt. Tam from Tamarancho.jpg
    View of Mt. Tam from Tamarancho.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 524
  • Love that Sun.jpg
    Love that Sun.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 524
Re: Re:

FairfaxPat":7szt1mbv said:
shinobi":7szt1mbv said:
Mike Muz 67":7szt1mbv said:
Lovely Gripshift you've got there, Paul! ;)

:LOL: :LOL:
:facepalm: It pains me to say it but it actually works ok :LOL: I have a bit of arthritis in my left hand so struggle a bit with front changes bit its not bad .
I had Gripshifts on my Funk for years, but shifting the front got to be too much of a pain, so I recently changed them out and it's much easier to ride now.
Today-Wednesday- A spectacular Fall day around here, about 70 F. and sunny. We took one of our usual climbs up to the Scout Camp today, and the recent rains have made the grip in the woods fantastic, with almost no mud. On the descent back to town, a porcupine came out of nowhere and scurried across the road right in front of me at a pretty fast part of the descent- definitely got my heart rate up... :)
wow you wouldn't want to crash into that lol ! I guess it could be worse , skunk ? Mountain lion ? :facepalm:
Paul

FairfaxPat":1jcvcgg2 said:
Today-Sunday-Rode up into the Water District and then along Concrete Pipe Fire Road- It has a pair of water supply pipes buried under it, but the pipes emerge at some of the sharper turns. at the bottom of the climb in Deer Park, we checked out a new bridge across the creek that was being built today by the Water district and some Boy Scouts- Nice out, about 65 F. and cloudy,,,

feck me!!! I probably weigh more than both of you!!! :facepalm:

02gf74":1su134cc said:
FairfaxPat":1su134cc said:
Today-Sunday-Rode up into the Water District and then along Concrete Pipe Fire Road- It has a pair of water supply pipes buried under it, but the pipes emerge at some of the sharper turns. at the bottom of the climb in Deer Park, we checked out a new bridge across the creek that was being built today by the Water district and some Boy Scouts- Nice out, about 65 F. and cloudy,,,

feck me!!! I probably weigh more than both of you!!! :facepalm:
I'm 6'1" and 148 lb. and Warren is 6'5" and 190 lb. With nothing but climbing here it pays to be slim :) .
Today-Saturday-We rode part way up Tam into the Water District-on the way to meet the guys, I stopped at the bike museum to drop off a book with Charlie Kelly. He and Joe Breeze were rocking Fu Man Chu mustaches like back in the day, which they started growing for when we did the 40th anniversary ride of Repack back on October 21st this year. Actually CK has had a full beard forever, so he just hacked it off...

Attachments

• Having fun now.jpg
    Having fun now.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 469
  • Lower Tam.jpg
    Lower Tam.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 469
  • Deep in the woods.jpg
    Deep in the woods.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 469
  • At the Museum.jpg
    At the Museum.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 469

highlandsflyer":5rivtxml said:
Love the bike! How much does it weigh

Started at 12.03 kg, now is 11.09 kg, just 90 g to losr to het bow tatget of 11 kg.

Got pair of schwalbe extralight inner tubes, carbon seatpost and alloy bolts on the way that should take it under.

Re:

Retromod Cinder Cone out this morning .
Just slithered down a technical section feeling glad of disc brakes and riser bars !
Pretty sure it's the same section Mr Muz and friends rode up yesterday in torrential rain :shock:

Paul

Re:

Today-Monday-Beautiful out, about 68 F. and sunny. Rode up to the West into the hills with Charlie Kelly today. We took a self timer shot with CK striking a heroic pose :) ...

Attachments

• Self timer shot.jpg
    Self timer shot.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 394
  • Looking at Tam.jpg
    Looking at Tam.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 394
Back