Todays find, DynaTech Tour-Lite, warning - possible spider content!

What does the frame number begin with?
I think some of the very early Dyna-Techs had slightly different decals within the same year.

A=1990 fits in with the seat being 1989. I’ve got a Mission that I think is early 1990 and that has different decals to the catalogue one.

I know that the lugs probably contribute to a harsh ride but they look nicely clean in shape.
Do Dynatechs have a reputation for being harsh? I've never ridden one, but always been curious about the advantages of sticking steel tubes (in this case, Reynolds 501) into aluminium rather than steel lugs.

Wow look at the chain on that, my mother has a trek 7.3 fx she rode round all the time, until she stuck it in a shed for a year, I’m now restoring it and I thought the chain on that was bad

I helped our post-person out with a complete rebuild (was supposed to be a service) of her bike which had been left out in rain for two years (I donated well over 200gbp of parts to that job - which became a project). The chain needed a four pound lump hammer to pusuade the links to bend, and the chainset needed the same. And was in the end cut off. The BB was …. A nightmare. While engineering is always ‘the application of the right amount of force in the right way’ this was just ‘application of force….’

Back