Today I was mostly riding.....

To, I was mostly riding.... SUNSHINE. :mrgreen:

DSCN0431_zpsab5a6bbb.jpg

Re:

That's weird, I had a couple of hours to kill yesterday in Hereford and cleverly took a bike with me. I went out from Hereford through Ruckall ,Madley, Moccus, over Dorestone Hill, back through Peterchurch, over the A49 and back up through Callow rd. not a million miles from you at one point and it crossed my mind to plough through to Hay but with a strong head wind, hail and freezing temps time didn't allow!

Re:

Coming off the pass yesterday could well be the worse cycling experience yet , hit by hail and rain soaked the hands and with temp drop over the top then had to make the technical decent of I think about 10 miles without any chance of getting heat into them .....oh my god I didn't think hands could cause so much pain!! :twisted:

Offset by some classic moments ! Bugloss reply to the attention of his new cycling shoes "of course they are expensive !!"

And bugloss sprinting up a hill "I'm off if your moaning again" :LOL:

Though the tension in the pub could of been cut with a knife when the subject of doping within the racing scene started :shock: :LOL:

Re: Re:

theredchili":2cu1dwsf said:
That's weird, I had a couple of hours to kill yesterday in Hereford and cleverly took a bike with me. I went out from Hereford through Ruckall ,Madley, Moccus, over Dorestone Hill, back through Peterchurch, over the A49 and back up through Callow rd. not a million miles from you at one point and it crossed my mind to plough through to Hay but with a strong head wind, hail and freezing temps time didn't allow!
Dorstone Hill is properly spiteful and makes Caplor look like a mere bump - not one I want to tackle on a 40 year old frame with standard chainset again!

daj":2cu1dwsf said:
Though the tension in the pub could of been cut with a knife when the subject of doping within the racing scene started :shock: :LOL:
I'm telling you, Robin does not climb on soup alone although it's possible that his liberal buttering of the accompanying roll was a marginal gain.

Re:

Robin had butter :shock:

First chips at Cheddar and now this....I think he is beginning to crack.

Keep applying the pressure Dave.

Re:

Did a nice little loop on the canal today with three workmates including Smithy on here (we don't work on Fridays at our place :D ).

In summary... 35ish miles, 3 retro bikes, one Boardman hybrid thingy, the Netherton Tunnel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherton_ ... anch_Canal), nice sandwich at the cafe in Swindon, detour onto Staffordshire Railway Walk (muddy, bad idea of mine), one puncture (yep the Boardman), sunshine, 4 hours, great morning out.

I haven't done this loop for years, really enjoyed it. I'll be doing a bigger canal ride from Tipton to Stourport in 2 weeks on Saturday 28th, if anyone fancies it give me a shout.

The view I had of Walsall arboreteums lake this morning, I think that's absolutely beautiful. worth being up at 5am and out at 5:45 every morning to see on the way to work.

Attachments

• 10300632_373208209493812_1158401371540514895_n.jpg
    10300632_373208209493812_1158401371540514895_n.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 7,147
Back