Titanium project two fork

Magpiegifts

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I saw a gorgeous ti p2 fork and was wondering how much they fetch nowadays and how often they come up for sale?
Any info happily received, thanks In advance guys 😉

I saw a pair once, even got to hold them, but the owner insisted I give them back.

How often do they come up? From casual observation, hens teeth and RHP have a thriving market coming up for sale quite often in comparison.

Pricing reflects the availability (or lack there of). From memory they were £800 a pair new, and only available in 390mm a2c.

Am sure the last set I saw on here a few years back were advertised for over a grand and didn't hang about long.

Wonder what those Chinese Ti forks advertised on ebay are like to ride 🤔 Quality Ti rigid forks are a huge upgrade on a bike. When combined with a few other naturally flexy Ti cockpit parts you honestly don't need suspension for most types of riding.

I asked Rody of Groovy Cycles about Titanium forks a few years back. I think he said the gauge of tubing you would need to use in order to ensure suitable strength around the area of the dropouts negated any ride benefits obtained by the material. Don't think Steve Potts makes his Type 2 fork in Titanium so that should speak volumes as well.

The one thing that surprised me about Ti Project 2’s is how complicated the construction is. Whereas most Ti forks are simply a bunch of tubes welded together, the P2s have a ton on work in them. Not surprising they cost so much when new (and now)

Back