The unofficial Bigfoot/Ozone/Smokestone thread

Ref polishing the frame mentioned above - if you do you’ll need replacement decals and I’m sure Gil has these on file as I previously traced mine for another member on here who was getting them reproduced
The only remaining decal is the Headtube 1 which is in less than great condition, this info is both noted and appreciated.
I have been remembering the fun I had that time I polished a 91 gsxr frame..... Going off the idea

Will look the Mutz Nutz polished up
Make sure you take plenty of pics should be a bit easier the a whole Gixxer frame

Back story time. Back when I still lived in South Norfolk my route home took me through a village. There was an old garage, the local mechanic type place off of the 60s. The guy there had been frequenting the police auctions for years and had filled the place with bike of all types, shape and size. He'd tidy them up and have a selection outside for sale. I'd stop by every now and again and after building a rapport was allowed back into the far reaches of the antique workshop to see the more "interesting" stuff. Remember he had a Raleigh USA bike (black/red/silver) "but that's not for sale"....... What is for sale then? Out back were some frames and part bikes, there was this silver Ali e-stay frame with some bits on it. Some one already had dibs on it though, damnit! Turns out I knew that someone, who after keeping said frame, this 1, in his loft for a year or so, relented and sold it to me. It made it as far as an ISO container before I moved to Spain in 2014 where it stayed till October last year when it too moved to Spain.
And without trying I have 4 bikes with 1 1/4" headsets, but not quite enough headsets/forks/stems to go round.
Lou

I suspect that might have actually been Suffolk....you would have just crossed the border into the village of Redgrave.
The garage was owned by Dudley. Originally it was a petrol station & garage but as time moved on he moved into bicycles. Quite a character he was, with an un-exploded WW2 bomb in his attic!

Attachments

• Regrave pertol station.jpg
    Regrave pertol station.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 7
Lou

I suspect that might have actually been Suffolk....you would have just crossed the border into the village of Redgrave.
The garage was owned by Dudley. Originally it was a petrol station & garage but as time moved on he moved into bicycles. Quite a character he was, with an un-exploded WW2 bomb in his attic!
My navigation might be suspect but I'm unlikely to have got lost on the way home.
I know exactly which village it is, not too far south of Norwich but not so far it's Suffolk 🤣

My navigation might be suspect but I'm unlikely to have got lost on the way home.
I know exactly which village it is, not too far south of Norwich but not so far it's Suffolk 🤣
Sorry...I was thinking of true South Norfolk...not the big city 🙃

Sneaky peek at my summer project (too cold in the garage at the moment!) 00065 survives to live another day. Hope C2 hydraulic lines are woefully short so will need to be sorted. Is this something a bike shop can do (old C2 tech) or am I screwed? I'm not strictly adhering to '96 components, in fact there are none on it all. It's more of a 96-98 hybrid!

Ignore the stem and tyres, they're going. I just wanted to mock it up to check brake line lengths.
PXL_20230302_171826068.jpg PXL_20230302_171907154.jpg

Sneaky peek at my summer project (too cold in the garage at the moment!) 00065 survives to live another day. Hope C2 hydraulic lines are woefully short so will need to be sorted. Is this something a bike shop can do (old C2 tech) or am I screwed? I'm not strictly adhering to '96 components, in fact there are none on it all. It's more of a 96-98 hybrid!

Ignore the stem and tyres, they're going. I just wanted to mock it up to check brake line lengths.
View attachment 715427View attachment 715428

:cool: nice

Back