THE ultimate Ti build

Well since you have seen all the parts so far I can also show this one.
The only thing here: M-bar is on the way :)

img_04083jure.jpg

img_04091kubi.jpg

The headset went in so easily I could put it in with my bare hands,
didn't even have to use a press. µm precise engineering on both
sides :cool:

As depicted it's slightly under 2.5kg.

Frame size M

Some unusual features, does the top tube , where the concentric rings are, taper near the seat tube? Fashion or for a purpose?

Also flat ti chain stays at the bb, is that intended to give some flex?

With the hand fitted headset - sounds a bit loose to me, , i would use a dab of loctite bearing compound, e.g loctite 641

Looking forward to the next installment....

Yes the top tube as well as the down tube have
these features. I have seen this on the down tube
st my MERLIN Extralight too.

There should be no flex on the frame, the flat BB
area is just design, but a down tube that goes through
the seat tube is not that common and looks sick if
you asked me.

Google Morati's 1.2 frame. That one flexes at the BB.
It also has a rear shock installed.

The headset should be in the frame just fine, when fitted
entirely almost can't move it (turn it)

Oh so lovely, I will be following this one. That frame is a very rare thing indeed.

I was collecting bits for a less ambitious build on an HC1.3 frame I picked up from here (the morati components were sooo expensive I wasn't even gunning for them) but had to bite on the fully built HC1.3 put on ebay recently which has the cranks, forks, m-bar, seatpost.

It would be worth making sure you have anti-seize on the ti-ti bits like the headset. Apparently it galls and coldwelds to itself very willingly.

Are you leaving it decal free? (There is an ebay seller selling supposed original HC1.1 decal sets, but be warned these look v poor in the flesh and the headtube badge is not 3D like the original on my bare frame).

Jake":bdjeayts said:
... but had to bite on the fully built HC1.3 put on ebay recently which has the cranks, forks, m-bar, seatpost.

It would be worth making sure you have anti-seize on the ti-ti bits like the headset. Apparently it galls and coldwelds to itself very willingly.

Are you leaving it decal free? (There is an ebay seller selling supposed original HC1.1 decal sets, but be warned these look v poor in the flesh and the headtube badge is not 3D like the original on my bare frame).

Does this mean that you bought the HC 1.3 from ebay (Poland)?

Regarding anti-seize: I have read quite a lot in the last few weeks about this issue
and I think it is not really a necessity to use anti-seize. I will perform a full service
on this bike every year where it will be taken into pieces ;)

I am thinking of leaving it decal free, yes. I do have a 3D MORATI logo though.

Yidaki":wp8e5smj said:
Does this mean that you bought the HC 1.3 from ebay (Poland)?

Regarding anti-seize: I have read quite a lot in the last few weeks about this issue
and I think it is not really a necessity to use anti-seize. I will perform a full service
on this bike every year where it will be taken into pieces ;)

I am thinking of leaving it decal free, yes. I do have a 3D MORATI logo though.

Yes, that one, from a bike shop owner and the ex-distributor for Poland apparently. I got it down a good way from the BIN price, but still a very handsome price but with those parts it was always going to be.

They did have an awful lot of decals on them from new, and with all the more subtle polished-in branding anyway, it is not going to be anonymous. Looking forward to seeing yours develop! Yes, if it is going to get that level of love, I'm sure you will be likely be fine.

Back