The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diamond Back Apex

Thanks guys...91..! Bloody hell, it can't be 16 years since i bought it - now that means i am gettin on a bit - I remember the Axis, was that the next model up - if i remember rightly it was beyond my budget at the time - still it cost me £600 for the Apex..! :shock:

yep Apex was £599, Axis was £799. Fortunately i worked in a shop and new some of the DBR pro's!

yeah...i think the axis had a better groupset - maybe you can enlighten me. I bought mine from Chesterfield Cycle Centre - not sure if this place went bump...at the time i wanted an 'orange' but everyone had em in my club.

Hi my name is Christer. im an illustration student from Norway.
Ive been into mountainbiking since 95, when i was twelve.

im realy glad to have found this forum. Since i cant afford to collect bikes as a poor student, i can enjoy all the sweet rides posted here.
I have a couple of retro bikes thou, a 95 Kona cindercone frameset with project two forks and velocity stem, and a 95 lavadome with marzocchi xc 400 wich i ride almost daily.

My dream bike is probably the sintesi verlicchi or the DBR dual responce.

Here is a picture of my lavadome..( the paint is not original as you can see)

130gc7.jpg

By fevil, shot with Canon DIGITAL IXUS 40 at 2007-08-09[/img]

RetroBike virgin

Morning to all. Well at last I have found a place where other like minded types have been hiding out. I thought I was alone in my obsession, but, obviously i was so very wrong. So hello everybody and let me introduce my latest near divorce making purchase. I've had it for about a year now, and done very little with it, but now I guess I have found a place where I can kit it out in the manner it should be. Not sure exactly what the frame is, ie the model, but its light, and while I have a love for steel, it's still a sweet one.
It has this stoopid upside down rear derailler thingy and the shifters are rubbish but I just purchased a fab pair of XT thumbies, which means i have to replace the rear derailler - am i right ? Any way i could go on for hours, about what i used to have and what i'd love to have, but i'm sure that will come later. Any way blessings on the person who started all this, and tell me what you think of the bike !

Attachments

• litesp1.jpg
    litesp1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 2,473
  • litesp2.jpg
    litesp2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 2,473
Hello everyone

Total newbie when it comes to retro bikes, I normally ride with either an Orange 5 or a scott racing hardtail, but I've just been bitten by the bug and have been looking around for suitable project..well, it landed in my lap this weekend, I'm doing a full restore on a 1991 Marin Pine Mountain
I realise that it's no DeKerf, but I like it's skinny steel tubes and Neon orange forks & stem, it's a million miles away from my orange 5 and I think that's why I'm so smitten

I'll need plenty of help so I hope you don't mind lots of dumb questions - first thing to do is get the frame & forks re-sprayed, so with that in mind any idea where I can get my hands on a set of new decals??

Welcome Stefan! Not many old Marins on here yet - please get some pictures posted before and after restoration!

Loads of knowledge on here - I used to sell Marins in '91 but won't confess to being an expert.

With regard to decals, Gil_M is your man. Suggest you send him a PM.

(PS - keep hearing great things about the Orange 5. Going to try one next weekend :oops: )

you can try our man here Gil_m for decals, he's making some up for me currently and has done a good job I gather for others here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back