the demise of NUFC?

Would have been amusing to see the whole of the North easts premiership representation disapear in one foul swoop. In fairness where Newcastle are concerned its been coming for a couple of seasons. They are paying out vast sums of money every week to a back 4 that my nippers under 9's squad could score past. If they can get a new owner and keep Shearer I think they will bounce back next year as there is no shortage of hardcore fans :)

I think I'm the only geordie that really doesn't care one bit that they have gone down. That said I really dont like football in its professional form. Watching Whitley Bay (where I live) winning the FA vase 2 weeks or so ago was far more entertaining than anything I see in the Premiership at present.

Pip

great support but that seems to go against them, they had more than enough quality to stay up, but none of them wanted to fight to stay up, most will leave and find clubs willing to pay the same wages, the rest will stay for a season picking up the same wages and bleeding ashley dry, not that i feel sorry for him as he's a spurs fan!!!, if they can keep hold of alan shearer then they might keep hold of enough talent to bounce stright back up, but its if he wants to stay and if the rubbish that got them into the championship is willing to fight to get back into the prem

i remember being seconded to a job on the banks of the tyne. The NUFC fans (the majority) were very scathing of sunderland and saw them as the butt of their jokes. There was a feeling that NU were a permament part of the premiership and would never leave. Sunderland were substandard premiership/championship migrants. Let sunderland laugh and NU wake and smell the coffee I say.

Back