Pendle Witches Vintage Velo 2012 - before, during and after.

Thankfully the UCI have no involvement over CTT events - and especially so back then! It is only in a very few TT's (those organised by British Cycling for instance) where they stick their noses in with silly rules and regs. You will no doubt gather that in some respects - especially those involving the design of the bike - that I don't have a lot of time for UCI these days. I'm all for safety, anti-drugs etc. but rules that say you can only use a flat level saddle for instance, are getting a bit OTT.

As the bikes in the photos are using fixed wheel then a front brake only is legally satisfactory. A point often overlooked by the fashionista 'fixie' fraternity.

Got an e-mail from the organiser, Sean:

" Hello to All,
just a quick heads up on the 2012 ride,thanks again for all your support.There is a superb write up and some great photos in July's edition of Cycling Active just out now .Also Rick Robsons Photos are available by contacting him at cyclesportphotos.com .
Kind Regards Sean. "

Has anyone bagged a copy of CA? I tried to get one today but the shop had sodl out. I did get this week's Peppa Pig magazine for my daughter though...

I am still trying to get the pulverised brake block soup of the side walls of my tyres, I must have been squeezing the levers like anything on the descents...

Goldie":ed8v05i0 said:
I must have been squeezing the levers like anything on the descents...

I wasn't - ask Daccordimark :twisted: Only chance I had of showing the carbonistas something about bike riding the proper (ie steel) way.

Not seen the mag either, I'll have to have a look. If there's any photos of me in it I'll have to buy it :roll:

Old Ned":r05ci5lq said:
Goldie":r05ci5lq said:

I wasn't - ask Daccordimark :twisted: Only chance I had of showing the carbonistas something about bike riding the proper (ie steel) way.

Not seen the mag either, I'll have to have a look. If there's any photos of me in it I'll have to buy it :roll:

I still haven't recovered from the shock of seeing you drop so fast down that descent - or the massive chase to catch you up.:x

daccordimark":3eiotcke said:
Old Ned":3eiotcke said:
Goldie":3eiotcke said:

I still haven't recovered from the shock of seeing you drop so fast down that descent - or the massive chase to catch you up.:x

I still haven't recovered from riding the event!!

Think I must have recovered now because I've started thinking it wasn't that bad and I'll do it again next year.

Old Ned":3v9nq0kw said:

I've just got back from lunch with said magazine in my hand. Haven't read the write-up but quickly scanned the pictures and there are some familiar 'photos including one on p119 of two fine looking machines. Modesty forbids me from mentioning their owners of course. Thankfully I don't feature in any of the 'photos!

Mark.
PS: I'm definitely up for a repeat run next year.

Yepp, good article (they managed to get a nice piccie of me in wheelsucker mode :) ).

I see I have been slightly misquoted in that I am sure I said "Alan were one of the first companies to make aluminium bikes in commercial quantities", but this has come out as "my Alan is one of the first Alu bikes". Still, the lady was reliant on scribbled notes...and I could well have been mumbling incoherently.

I do recognise those 2 fine machines on p119...let's just say one is a Daccordi, eh Mark?

bobbinogs":37fsyln5 said:
Yepp, good article (they managed to get a nice piccie of me in wheelsucker mode :) ).

I see I have been slightly misquoted in that I am sure I said "Alan were one of the first companies to make aluminium bikes in commercial quantities", but this has come out as "my Alan is one of the first Alu bikes". Still, the lady was reliant on scribbled notes...and I could well have been mumbling incoherently.

I do recognise those 2 fine machines on p119...let's just say one is a Daccordi, eh Mark?

Come on, don't keep us in suspenders - wot's the other then??!

Sorry, was inspired to go out hill training in the evening sunshine on the Alan :). Had to fit some old Campag Nucleons first as I pinged a spoke on my nice Record/Open Pro handbuilts yesterday.

The other bike...a nice Favori in celeste :)

Back