Tech Bikes and Araya Bikes

This is the Araya. Needs tires. Looks old, but pretty clean. Love the colour! From the catalogues, looks to be from '83-'85 Can see Muddy Fox on the top bar, though.
If I can get this for even less than $40.00, I might be taking her home. I'm on a road-trip to pick up one pf my daughters north of here - 4 hours round trip. This is on the way, in one of the small towns.

Yes, Cycletech is the company that produced them. I've seen a few kicking around here and there. If one pops up in my size for the right coin I'll probably bag it (as a backup spare). Here are the pictures of the ones I have managed to notice. The fuscia is an "Elite" and the other a "Wild Thing". Both were being sold here locally, while one of the Fuscias (on the grass) in another Province. Tech Wildthing i.JPG Tech Wildthing ii.JPG

Tech Elite i.png
Cycle Tech i.JPG

Price a bit high. One where I am - a Tech Limited - for $250.00, another for $200.00. I think these prices are a smidge too high, but they look like cool bikes.

And Everton loses again...
Alberta seems to be the epicentre for Cycletech stuff I've noticed. If you are in Alberta your chances are greatest of nabbing one.

Hi, we had a while a go a similar thread about (cycle)tech, also started with canadian bikes, but feedback from Austria
or

Recently there was another discussion about an European Cycletech bike

Personally I'm finding the yellow one, called Araya much more interesting.
Some more close up pics would be nice.
Maybe also some has more details? Had Araya really Bikes? Sure, I know their rims....

Last edited:
Tech didn't produce bikes, they just imported frames and built up their own line. To my understanding anyway.

Tech didn't produce bikes, they just imported frames and built up their own line. To my understanding anyway.
And, from I can gather from the research some have done on this thread, they were particular to Calgary, and maybe Alberta. Wonder where they originated, overseas? Like Japanese guitars, different "makes", all made in the same shop. Interesting stuff, indeed!

And, from I can gather from the research some have done on this thread, they were particular to Calgary, and maybe Alberta. Wonder where they originated, overseas? Like Japanese guitars, different "makes", all made in the same shop. Interesting stuff, indeed!
I have a lovely Tange Ultimate Tech frame I'll be building up very soon

Two for sale in my area, but the price ain't right for me, at the moment (the Rockhopper's cheaper, two Kuwahara's under $100.)

And another Canadian "odd-ball" - A ProTour "Lynx". I was just up north on a solo-road trip to small town thrift stores, and saw a smaller ProTour at a garage sale! I can't find squat about the - I checked the bike at the sale for any "clues" - nothing.

Attachments

• 8db7dc76-d9a5-4d3f-ac63-6d73740058de.jpeg
    8db7dc76-d9a5-4d3f-ac63-6d73740058de.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 0d853cbf-cb19-4cbb-88bb-68c752fa1938.jpeg
    0d853cbf-cb19-4cbb-88bb-68c752fa1938.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 6
  • f93e5cc4-08a5-48b0-aafb-24d60e213f15-1.jpeg
    f93e5cc4-08a5-48b0-aafb-24d60e213f15-1.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 6
Hi, we had a while Agora a similar thread about (cycle)tech, also started with canadian bikes, but feedback from Austria
or

Recently there was another discussion about an European Cycletech bike

Personally I'm finding the yellow one, called Araya much more interesting.
Some more close up pics would be nice.
Maybe also some has more details? Had Araya really Bikes? Sure, I know their rims....
I missed seeing the Araya today, as it's up north - the person selling was at a lake farther north for the weekend. I'm back to p/u my daughter at camp next Saturday. Can't see anyone buying it, so I'll be giving it a look next weekend.

Back