Tech Bikes and Araya Bikes

New York Albertan

Old School Hero
I've heard bits and pieces about Araya bikes. Can't find anything about Tech. I get a sense both had a presence in Canada. Can anyone expand on this? (I see an Araya for $40.00 - yellow 18-speed - only needs new tires. Tempting).

Araya are Japanese, famous for making rims but also have their own bike range. Some early Muddy Fox stuff is made by Araya. They have their own catalogue archive on their website back to early 1980s. It’s in Japanese but you can identify models and specs from it.

http://araya-rinkai.jp/catalog

Post some photos of the one you’re interested in - often they have great spec so at $40 it’s likely to be a bargain if it is an Araya.

This is the Araya. Needs tires. Looks old, but pretty clean. Love the colour! From the catalogues, looks to be from '83-'85 Can see Muddy Fox on the top bar, though.

Attachments

• 183d7403-26dd-40a8-9f2d-388eef83aed7.jpeg
    183d7403-26dd-40a8-9f2d-388eef83aed7.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
And an older one, mostly original?

I've seen the steel hardtails listed for sale here in Ontario, Canada, so I can verify that information to be true. There is also a possibility of a European use of the brand. Seems like that suspension one posted above could be from that line

And an older one, mostly original?
This is the same logo. Unique to Calgary! And, from your post, a decent early 90's steel bike. I'd never heard of it. Someone should write a book w/all the older bikes from the 50s - 90s. I'd buy such a book!

I'll have to have another look at the Tech (or, as spelled on the bike itself, lower-case "tech", in cool font).

One was listed in Toronto in recent months, double butted Tange.
Can't say if still available, but could be worth a look if you can manage shipping

Price a bit high. One where I am - a Tech Limited - for $250.00, another for $200.00. I think these prices are a smidge too high, but they look like cool bikes.

And Everton loses again...

Back