• Tantalising

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hydorah

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I find teaser threads a bit (OK, extremely) pompous to be perfectly honest

You know no pics, no actual indormation, just a load of waffle about guaranteed awesomeness

And/or maybe some blurry or ridiculously close up pics of obscure minutiae from the amazing yet another 'insert brand here' which is soon to be revealed

It wouldn't be so bad if there was an actual game element...

Is it only me that finds this tiresome as opposed to tantalising?

depends if it's something interesting or not, if not then it's tiresome but if it's something rare that takes thought to suss out what it is then i don't mind it, unless it baffles me.

edit:- it's also the reason that with my Demon build i have been posting as i get info/pics

I don't mind the ones with pictures as that is a bit of fun to try and guess. But without pictures, then what is the point wait five mins until you've taken some.
Even if it's just a frame and bits to log how the build goes over the years.
Even better if some stats are added as it helps others find what they might need and catalogues these things as we go along for years to come.

I like em. The tepid bikes are the ones most of us ride BITD, a d Nowt wrong with reliving our biking youf.

I would hate to see anyone's enthusiasm dampened so would simply keep my peace if I did nae like them.

Crikey, I'm not popular round here..... it was just for a laugh... [shrugs and walks off]

And remember, one man's "tepid" is another man's "dream".

its almost as bad as the people that feel the need to bump their threads every time they put new inner tubes in in....

but not quite

what kind of brake cable should I use???

hydorah":3b3grdlm said:
guaranteed awesomeness

I'm going to get a t-shirt with that on!

Build threads should be just that, a bike build with photos and progress reports and some interesting information regardless of whether they are low or high end. Putting the name of the bike in the thread title stops people from needing to visit or comment on threads that wouldn't interest them (although even that won't stop me if people post up Raleigh Mustangs or Activators!).

hollister":35z9qdho said:
its almost as bad as the people that feel the need to bump their threads every time they put new inner tubes in in....

but not quite
+1

Or bump it just to say they bought another part. Good for you, but let's see some pictures of progress!

Back