Sup’s Pile of Bike Projects

An ebay auction popped up recently that included 3 Manitou FS frames and an Iron Horse. The Orbea was from the same seller, different auction, for a decent price. As I understand, the owner of a storage unit filled with bikes passed away and left it to a kind Englishman who sailed the world and decided to relocate to SoCal. He wasn’t familiar with mountain bikes hence the vague ebay listings. He does have an intriguing Kirk Revolution with original bill of sale that is on the block. Tempting.

So here I am at the peak of my impulsive stupidity. I completely filled the wife’s SUV and the hitch bike carrier with this mess and made a 120 mile trek to bring it home. The garage I have been trying to empty is now filled with stuff gain.

I suppose I’ll start cleaning, rebuilding and selling…
IMG_8157.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice pile of bike 🤩, i would be really interested in a Manitou fs frame, if you’re selling. I’ve been looking for one for ages.

Nice pile of bike 🤩, i would be really interested in a Manitou fs frame, if you’re selling. I’ve been looking for one for ages.
Sadly, the ‘95 frame has a crack in the headtube. The other two FS’s havent been inspected yet, but I have no problem parting with them. Where are you located? I’m in SoCal.

Sadly, the ‘95 frame has a crack in the headtube. The other two FS’s havent been inspected yet, but I have no problem parting with them. Where are you located? I’m in SoCal.
Too bad for the 95 frame! Can it be repared ? i’m in Austria. I guess just the shipping and tax might be too expensive.

Too bad for the 95 frame! Can it be repared ? i’m in Austria. I guess just the shipping and tax might be too expensive.
I suppose shipping would be outrageously expensive.

Regarding repairs to the ‘95, I‘ll start looking for a specialty welder when i get the pile down to a manageable size.

Shipping a frame via USPS isn't actually as bad as you'd think. I've sent a few over the pond. Nice work on that auction, was tempted but the distance kept me in check.

Hi, I am interested in the manitou FS Frames. Which one is the 95? the one with the half elastomer / half coil shock? is the one with full coil a 96?

Back