Suntour XC Pro Hubs…am I getting into trouble here?

I am def out of this then. Suntour thumbshifters is the furthest I would go. Perhaps the XC crankset or even derailleurs. Unless you tell me they are a trouble too but I can’t see how…

The rest if fine. The derailleur are harder to set up as they have no float in the jockey wheels like shimano, so it needs to be set up just so. Cranks, shifters and levers are all better made, better engineererd and lighter than xt......fantastic kit.

Seatposts are brill and pedals have sealed bearings, which are easy to live with and have great service life.

The xc9000 pedals are identical other than the cage design, but can be had much cheaper than the newer xc pro, which now go for stupid money!

Hi again guys,

I am in a dilemma as I am between buying the Suntour XCE cantis pictured below and the XCD ones.

Do you have any feedback on which one is a better choice?

I am asking because the XCE model has this strange idea of having the cantilevers extended to the direction of the wheel when breaking.

The XCD seem to be standard technology so like most other cantis.

Thanks for any feedback you might have!

DDF9E69E-29F9-4ED3-A5B8-45EFCB1A8250.jpeg

Yes. They are a Pedersen design. Should be more powerful.

Available here for £9 pair!....were £4.99....bloody inflation!

Just dont use them on the front..unless you have rear mounted cantis....as they try to pull the brakes off the rim that way round!

OK! Thanks again for your feedback!

I found a pair of XC E that will need some work to revive…

I just hope their “sliding” system still works as intended.

I will let you know here how it goes…just curious to see if they offer more modulation than regular cantis. I can already sense though that if their technology really offered something new it would have eventually been copied by others too.

Attachments

• F4775E5B-0ABA-42CD-B330-E01B2AAE7CA9.jpeg
    F4775E5B-0ABA-42CD-B330-E01B2AAE7CA9.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 4
just curious to see if they offer more modulation than regular cantis.
Unfortunately not, they have a reputation for being quite grabby in their operation with little distinction when they will bite. Although the pair I had (rear wheel) was feeling normal. I guess it also depends on factors like rims, brake shoes etc

Oh god! What did I get myself into…just purchased them in the meantime…

I guess I self fulfilled the title of the thread…😅😂😁

Back