Steerer length and Stack Height

It's everything. H Is headtube length yes.
I link one of the old biking bibles, it got more than enough info there, from first steps of measuring.

The details for the Shimano are from the HP-M90x headset.
Cheers. Will be trimming it tomorrow if I get a chance.

Cheers. Will double check it against the manufacturers figures abs will allow a couple of mm for the rubber lip on the top nut. Better a couple of mm too short than too long.
No! better a couple of mm too long, not too short. You can always cut again or file it down, but you can't add more if you cut too short... also, if the headset you are using has a relatively low stack, I'd build it with a couple of spacers to keep the steerer longer than needed, that way if you have to change headsets in the future you will have more options available.

No! better a couple of mm too long, not too short. You can always cut again or file it down, but you can't add more if you cut too short... also, if the headset you are using has a relatively low stack, I'd build it with a couple of spacers to keep the steerer longer than needed, that way if you have to change headsets in the future you will have more options available.
Good point, I’m thinking of thread less steerers.
Cheers

Back