Shimano M730 32.1mm Stack or Other Low Stack Height 1" HS?

ViperZ

Dirt Disciple
Hi All, I'm in need of a low stack headset as my steerer tube is only 132mm, with a head tube length of 100.14mm, this calculates out to 31.86mm required HS stack. The problem is I need to add in a cable hanger o the stack. I don't mind the threads not topping out, but with the hanger I think it could just be literally hanging on by a thread.

I read somewhere The XT M730 = 32.1mm Stack, Can anybody confirm this for me please? I hate to spend the cash to realize I was wrong. Or even better does anybody have one for sale?

I read the Shimano 105 HP=1055, 1" HS has a very low stack height as well, anybody using this?

Any recommends or help is greatly appreciated! Screenshot 2023-09-13 212821.png

Things to think about, look for a thin steel cable hanger with the locking notch and you can use it to replace the locking spacer in the picture.
It may be called 'keyed'

Or have a look at this that I've never seen before, find more about it and if they do a 1" version.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Things to think about, look for a thin steel cable hanger with the locking notch and you can use it to replace the locking spacer in the picture.
It may be called 'keyed'

Or have a look at this that I've never seen before, find more about it and if they do a 1" version.
Thanks, I was assuming I would not be using locking spacer anyway. I was thinking wondering if they made a thinner hanger...

What forks? Why not use a bolt on stop like the Kona one;
It the original custom rigid Rocky Mountain fork. Where does the the Kona hanger bolt on to? There is no hole at the crown like a fender mount hole.

You could also use a cable hanger that clamps on the quill of your stem.
Thanks, I'm not sure I would like the look of that, but feel free to change my mind ;)

Tange Passage has a 30mm stack height.
Thanks! That's a very possible solution. Do you think it comes in black?

Can anybody confirm the XT M730 Stack height?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It may be called 'keyed'

I was able to look at that lockring hanger, that's a pretty cool idea! I would like to see the spec on it. :cool:

So I had a friend of mine, Lucas, with a big parts inventory check,, He had a M730 and said it measures 32-32.5mm with out the extra washer to the very top of the lock nut. The thing of note is the top of the lock nut is about 1-2mm with no threads and is rubber seal. Using the first few threads of the lock nut which is 8mm thick, indicating, 30mm would be the effective stack. So this would work!

Either way I have the Tange Passage coming so I'm covered. Thanks All!

You could also use a cable hanger that clamps on the quill of your stem.

Ha Ha, you know I just realized what you were suggesting.... A "cable hanger that clamps to the quill of the stem". For some reason I was thinking you meant one that clamped to the actual stem itself, I missed the part about the quill, and I thought that would look goofy. :LOL:🥴 Now I realize I was the goof, not understanding you meant something like this. That's a great solution as well, and I may use it as a back up plan, thanks!

51WL6OrEtRL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

Reactions: JCS
Back