Spending, say, a grand, on a bike to ride, in order to have less bikes.

I’ve got to say my London road is surviving its second winter well. It’s Not been washed yet this winter and had zero maintenance as yet in 18 months (2 winters almost ). Everything works well still and I’m sure once cleaned in spring it’ll look good again.

Just a pity it rides so awfully. Easily the deadest feeling bike I’ve ridden ever and so hard to get a decent average out of.

I’ve got to say my London road is surviving its second winter well. It’s Not been washed yet this winter and had zero maintenance as yet in 18 months (2 winters almost ). Everything works well still and I’m sure once cleaned in spring it’ll look good again.

Just a pity it rides so awfully. Easily the deadest feeling bike I’ve ridden ever and so hard to get a decent average out of.
Change your wheels.

I’ve tried different wheels and tyres and it’s still a pig. Ideal winter bike but nothing more.

It weighs 12kg so it’s never going to be fast but it’s just dead feeling too.
Thats a real shame, even at 12kg a bike can feel nimble enough, my Coyote is about that weight yet with new wheels feels pretty sprightly and is happy to cruise along at 18+ for mile after mile.

thanks for the feedback on the London though, it was one of the frames I was considering as a build.

Thats a real shame, even at 12kg a bike can feel nimble enough, my Coyote is about that weight yet with new wheels feels pretty sprightly and is happy to cruise along at 18+ for mile after mile.

thanks for the feedback on the London though, it was one of the frames I was considering as a build.

I struggle to average 14mph on it which is around 4mph slower than my road bike on the same route. Doesn’t sound a lot but it’s a slog too. Especially as I’m surrounding my hills everywhere with little flat.

I’m just in the process of adding an extra set of wheels with 32c GP5000 to my gravel bike with the Hope of using that more on the road in autumn/spring conditions.

Seems a decent deal but I’d pay a bit more for hydraulic brakes personally. Good time to look at secondhand too as the market is very sluggish and plenty of hardly used covid bikes are popping up.

Back