SOLD 94/95 Orange P7. SOLD.

Kell

Retro Guru
Started this a couple of times, but never got around to finishing.

It’s my Orange P7 that I’ve owned since about 96.

It’s getting to the point that if I don’t do anything with it (and I know I probably won’t) then it will rust away.

I did start properly about four years ago, rubbed down all the Nickel Plating to get it replated but just ran out of steam.

The biggest problem is that our shed/garage is very damp and is probably the worst condition to store a bike. So I need to do something

I’d bought lots of replacement parts as it was looking tired everything I have is listed below.

Orange p7 frame.

Number A4032609

19” from BB centre

Rubbed down nickel plating in preparation for replating but never got around to doing it. And now there are signs of rust all over the frame

Small Dings on non-drive side chain stay and one on non-drive side seat stay.

These correlate with me coming off and smashing my knee on a rock many moons ago.

Forks are in original condition.

Shimano XT parallax hubs laced to Mavic M231 rims built by Jeremy Duke (bought on this site (Possibly from Le grand Fromage) a few years back - but I’ve never used them).

Tyres Charge Splashbacks with some life in them. I bought these for the build I never finished.

Original tyres from the 90’s.

Panaracer Smoke - 26x2.1
Specialized Ground Control 2 - 26x1.95

Not in great condition, but are period correct.

Cranks - XT FC-M730

Polished and brought back to life. Although starting to lose their lustre a bit after being stored.

BB Original UN71. This feels smooth to me, though I did buy a new UN55 unit on the off chance this wasn’t great.

XT Front mech. FD M737.
XTR Rear mech. M900.

Ritchey Brake levers.

XT canti front brakes
LX rear (these were originally black, but I’ve sanded them down to match the fronts.

Orange SK8 stem.

Ritchey logic headset - new.

Kalloy seatpost. 26.4

Onza Club Roost bars. around 590mm.

Bottle cages. 3DV.

Shifters - shimano trigger units. Unsure of model number. I did know, as I bought them for this build. But my memory’s letting me down here.

Yeti Grips.

Chain rings. Unbranded 48 tooth. Plus tarnished Pace 36 tooth.
Shimano SG 24 tooth.
Full set of stickers from Gil.

I know I could get a lot more if I sell everything individually, but I don’t want the hassle.

So job lot.

Buyer picks up from High Wycombe.

(possibly the worst possible time to try and sell)

£250

Pics all here.

https://flickr.com/photos/119343618@N08 ... 4379007628

Re: Someone save my 94/95 Orange P7.

Bump - would love all this to go to someone that will give it the love it deserves.

Really don't want to have to eBay it.

Would be a great project!

Alas i already have 3 projects on the go, so i don't think my wallet could take the strain.

GLWTS ;)

emjay":unv60wqm said:
Would be a great project!

Alas i already have 3 projects on the go, so i don't think my wallet could take the strain.

GLWTS ;)

Thanks.

This is the build thread I started when I last looked at this.

Slightly longer ago than I thought... :oops:

viewtopic.php?t=333111

And this is what it looked like the last time it was mostly in one piece.

12017608_10152981434411021_6243854242519293142_o.jpg

Price reduction £225.

I also may consider boxing it up and posting it if there's genuine interest.

Re:

Hi
I'm tempted. I put together a bike from parts back in the late 1990's using a Handsome Dog HD frame. But not been into bikes for years. Now my daughter wants me to ride with her. She is only 8 but it would be nice to be riding something a bit special.

Very tempted to go the retro route, it appeals to me to save something rather than spend money on something new.

But I can't remember much about building bikes, tools needed etc. Hhow much work do you think this project would be?

Is is possible to buy some components from new or are all the standards changed?

Also wondering whether you know roughly how much it would be to get the frame nickel plated again?

Thank you!

Thanks for the message Pete.

I managed to find a company in Hounslow that said they would replate the Nickel for about £130.

It's way cheaper than chroming.

I can't really say how much work it is as I don't know your competency. With the right tools, it's not actually difficult.

Many parts are still available new, but most people like to try and keep retro bikes period correct.

I am open to (sensible) offers.

Latest posts

Back