Wanted Small size cheap mtb frameset

arwood

Retro Newbie
Hi. Looking for a cheap 26" wheel size frameset with rigid forks to build up to a cruiser. A small frame is preferable, 16" or smaller but would consider others. Would need to be near Exeter, or offer delivery, complete bikes considered, but frameset probably cheaper to post.

16" Kona Fire Mountain any good? Frame, fork, seatpost, clamp and stem, £60 plus postage.
It's a 1998, no dents, repainted in cream powdercoat. Can do some coffee coloured Conti tyres to match. Looks lovely with a brown saddle and grips.
51578047199_6b5f8c0aac_b.jpg

51578047114_8f6ce332ee_b.jpg

51577599628_29e66ba440_b.jpg

I've got a nice little speech hard rock. I think it's 12.5 or 13.5 in size. Black and red. Decent condition, a few chios here and there and a bit of paint fade on the top tube (my son liked it like that). Currently built up and was used sparingly by my some who at 13 is quite talk and outgrown it so to my dismay is going to inherit one of my builds.

As I said, it's a full bike at the moment, sporting Sid's up front, Thompson, hope and use finishing kit, 10x1 deore, ethirteen 1x cranks, Mavic crosstalk wheels and deore hydraulic brakes,

Happy to sell as frame or with any other parts. I've an unhealthy stash of other bits if you are after anything to build it up with.

Hi all, and thanks so much for the help and offers. There is a change of plans. I was planning to build a singlespeed, cruiser bmx from a small MTB frame, maybe I should have said this to begin with. And the forks were the issue in my price range getting the right kind of fork for the look I was going for. So I have said I will buy and hope to pick up a bike with a bigger frame, but is complete, and has on one rigid forks with it and already converted to singlespeed so ready for me to ride as is for now, all for £45. So although its not entirely what I want right now, I will make it work and then maybe pick up a frame to use the forks on, plus any bits I can use from it or my spare parts I already have.

16" Kona Fire Mountain any good? Frame, fork, seatpost, clamp and stem, £60 plus postage.
It's a 1998, no dents, repainted in cream powdercoat. Can do some coffee coloured Conti tyres to match. Looks lovely with a brown saddle and grips.
51578047199_6b5f8c0aac_b.jpg

51578047114_8f6ce332ee_b.jpg

51577599628_29e66ba440_b.jpg
That colour REALLY suits the frame. Loving it.

Back