Wanted Small size cheap mtb frameset

arwood

Retro Newbie
Hi. Looking for a cheap 26" wheel size frameset with rigid forks to build up to a cruiser. A small frame is preferable, 16" or smaller but would consider others. Would need to be near Exeter, or offer delivery, complete bikes considered, but frameset probably cheaper to post.

Howdo - I've an On One inbred and some forks that I built up in summer and have ridden once - it;s too small for me!

Planet X have their Jack Flash frame on a big discount (£80 painted, £70 "raw")
It doesn't come with forks, but these might suit?
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FOOOCR26DO/on-one-cromo-26er-mtb-fork-disc-only (also available for rim brake or disc at the same price)

I'm just finishing up a 16" GT Timberline 1992 rebuild (it's small!) I'm based in Bristol so could arrange delivery too.
Photos soon if you're interested.

Hi all, and thanks so much for the help and offers. There is a change of plans. I was planning to build a singlespeed, cruiser bmx from a small MTB frame, maybe I should have said this to begin with. And the forks were the issue in my price range getting the right kind of fork for the look I was going for. So I have said I will buy and hope to pick up a bike with a bigger frame, but is complete, and has on one rigid forks with it and already converted to singlespeed so ready for me to ride as is for now, all for £45. So although its not entirely what I want right now, I will make it work and then maybe pick up a frame to use the forks on, plus any bits I can use from it or my spare parts I already have.

Howdo - I've an On One inbred and some forks that I built up in summer and have ridden once - it;s too small for me!
With what is in the above post in mind, I might be interested in just the frame, again price/location/delivery dependant.

Planet X have their Jack Flash frame on a big discount (£80 painted, £70 "raw")
It doesn't come with forks, but these might suit?
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FOOOCR26DO/on-one-cromo-26er-mtb-fork-disc-only (also available for rim brake or disc at the same price)
As above post says, I am getting a full bike with what I think are these forks on, for £45, so mght then be on the lookout for a frame to go with it, but was thinking lower cost second hand than the new ones at planet x, although very tempted :)

Back