For Sale Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Road frameset, Size L

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've been umming and ahhing over this one, but time to let it go. The backstory is that I had this exact model bike stolen a couple of years back (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/116116754842) and I bought this frameset as a complete second-hand bike with the cathartic aim of building it back up to the old spec. But after buying half the parts I'm starting to have a change of heart and thinking about using the opportunity to build up something different, probably with an electronic groupset, possibly disc brakes this time.

So for sale is a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX frameset - the SLX is the ultralight top-of-the-line pro model, c. 870g frame weight. As you can see in the link, I built my old one up to 6.3kg (inc pedals!). The actual weight of this frameset including the fork, fitted headset, derailleur mounts and cable guides is about 1235g on my scales. For rim brake, mechanical groupset. It's a size L, I'm 6'0 and maybe towards the shorter end of the height range, ideally suits 5'11 to 6'2. The geometry is available online, I can pull it up if you need it. The fork steerer has been left long, so plenty of up and down adjustment. In raw carbon finish with red graphics. Includes frame, fork, fitted headset, carbon spacers, Canyon seatpost clamp, Giant OD2 100mm stem, Canyon retail pack with various bits. For 27.2 post, pressfit BB86 fitting, though I've also bought a new 'threadfit' BB since I hate pressfit, so I could sell that with it for the £20 it cost me (it's for Shimano standard HT2 road cranksets). Or you can have the old Campag pressfit cups for free, they're still in good order after I tapped them out.

The frame is in good overall condition with some very minor marks here and there - some normal light scuffing on the chainstay and a little mark on the front of the top tube but overall cosmetically very tidy, I would say. Please note that the frame has had a driveside seatstay repair, which the previous owner told me was carried out by Carbon Bike Repairs in Leatherhead (the UK's premier carbon repairer), a neat looking job and should be stronger than new.

I've listed this frameset on ebay this week at £300, but I'd gladly sell it for £250 on RB, especially to meet someone in person. I'm based just outside Winchester, Hampshire. Loads more photos if you want them, just ask.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I actually ended the ebay listing when they introduced an offer of no selling fees until April, and I planned to relist it. Then to be honest I was still in two minds about building it or selling it, so I haven't got around to relisting it yet. But yep, happy to sell it here if anyone's interested.

Ideally not - I wouldn't mind posting by ParcelForce if I had a suitable box and adequate packaging to keep it safe in transit, but I haven't got any at the moment and no easy way of getting hold of them

Ideally not - I wouldn't mind posting by ParcelForce if I had a suitable box and adequate packaging to keep it safe in transit, but I haven't got any at the moment and no easy way of getting hold of them

Totally understand – posting is a hassle unless you happen to have all the right packaging and even then it's not ideal for larger stuff. I will be down south later in the year, but not for a while, probably not until early summer. I'll have a think...

The frameset is still here while I dither over building the frameset up myself - I can look into getting a box and packaging it if anyone needs it posted

Back