Skates, various, ice hockey, inline (various)

Quad skating seems to still have a following, Based around a few rinks.
When i was young we had roller city/ disco in northampton. In my later teens i was at rollers in MK several times a week. I don't skate anymore, but did recently buy a set of good nick bauer turbos which are currently in bits being refurbished.
It seems a lot more scary revisiting it after so many years.
Glad to hear there are plenty of folk still enjoying it. I can't wait to take my daughter.

njgoldby":3pue6mo1 said:
Quad skating seems to still have a following, Based around a few rinks.
When i was young we had roller city/ disco in northampton. In my later teens i was at rollers in MK several times a week. I don't skate anymore, but did recently buy a set of good nick bauer turbos which are currently in bits being refurbished.
It seems a lot more scary revisiting it after so many years.
Glad to hear there are plenty of folk still enjoying it. I can't wait to take my daughter.

It took me no more than 30 minutes to be back to my old standard after a break of about 18 years and I regularly practice now, I just don't get better as quickly anymore.
As for the rollers I know it well as I used to go to Raves there along with the Sanctuary. I heard that they have been leveled and replaced with a flipping Ikea now!

Carl.

Carl,
You may well have overtaken me a few times!
I too used to frequent the all nighters at Rollers and the Sanctury, and both for a few Dreamscapes.
Rollers was great when it was new and smooth before they turned the end into a kids play area.

Coming back to this thread after a year and boy things have move on.
Now have 2 pairs of Bauer Turbos, the second pair I have just converted from an old pair of ice skates cannibalizing the Ventros for the playmaker plates and keeping the Hyper Wheels and NMB's.
I have built my eldest a set of new skool bauers by getting a used pair of Bauer Force ice skates and adding playmaker plates along with some blue Sims wheels and ABEC9 bearings.
The Quad scene seems to be gathering force and I 'work' weekends stewarding and DJ'ing for some friends who run local roller discos as several large leisure centres, we are currently getting great feedback for our 90's dance music adult event at Guildford spectrum which we put on once a month.

Carl.

drcarlos":1y5xfhm6 said:
Coming back to this thread after a year and boy things have move on.
Now have 2 pairs of Bauer Turbos, the second pair I have just converted from an old pair of ice skates cannibalizing the Ventros for the playmaker plates and keeping the Hyper Wheels and NMB's.
I have built my eldest a set of new skool bauers by getting a used pair of Bauer Force ice skates and adding playmaker plates along with some blue Sims wheels and ABEC9 bearings.
The Quad scene seems to be gathering force and I 'work' weekends stewarding and DJ'ing for some friends who run local roller discos as several large leisure centres, we are currently getting great feedback for our 90's dance music adult event at Guildford spectrum which we put on once a month.

Carl.
Sounds great fun - especially the 90s music!

If I'm ever that way, I'll try and have a blast. No quads for me though - maybe at some point I'll build some up - are inlines allowed?

My parents took me skating many years ago when visiting relatives down south,who all were into skating
2 things became evident that day :? One iis i have no balance, the other an obvious short temper :LOL:

There was an AD on TV recently featuring a skater. It is pretty amazing and graceful watching it. Such seemingly effortless flow

[/quote]
Sounds great fun - especially the 90s music!

If I'm ever that way, I'll try and have a blast. No quads for me though - maybe at some point I'll build some up - are inlines allowed?[/quote]

They are allowed, but 95% of the people wear quads, it's worth building a pair up just for when it's wet and you can't skate outside.

If you don't want hardshells, the new bauer iceskates can be picked up dirt cheap and playmaker plates

Carl.

Back