Show us your (Marin) Boingers!

Re:

Hi, marin have never really been on my radar but I recently picked up a 97 MVP frame with a plan to do a period (but not catalog) build with stuff I already had. This led me to this thread and a couple of others which led me to the idea of building a longer travel bike. So here’s my wildcat trail retromod. it is a work in progress.

Not got round to doing a build thread yet but there will be one soon.

Re:

I’d been meaning to post on this thread. She’s a had a powder coat of Matt black to the front, and a gloss black to the rear. A full sweep of newish SLX and XT components. Had to buy a another frame (for peanuts) so I could obtain a swingarm with disc tabs - thankfully the bloke included the Fox shock, so the original Shockworks has gone into the parts bin!

Attachments

• 5CC4994E-A9CD-47F0-A4BF-3BC72B40BDE3.jpeg
    5CC4994E-A9CD-47F0-A4BF-3BC72B40BDE3.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 931
  • 47DC19A3-C29F-4CAF-BC15-149D4ACAAC11.jpeg
    47DC19A3-C29F-4CAF-BC15-149D4ACAAC11.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 932
Re:

It’s seemingly going to cost a small fortune for bushes to be replaced - I never had any play in the old Shockworks unit! Pah! Modern technology! (2003 Fox Float R - modern!!!).

Re:

Cheers for that Timoth27. I’ve been trawling the internet without much clue as to what I was trawling for.

Re:

No worries mate, I’ve yet to use that company but as long as you can just check you have a shock with the right dimensions (12.7mm is the inside diameter of the hole in the shock not the inside of the bush). you should be good. I have a fox that will need doing as well so I figured for just over £20 it’s worth a punt and you will have the tool to use again.

ultrazenith":1ie4bhiq said:
Anyone know the story on the changing swingarm design of the Mount Visions?

Cracks and cracks and then some cracks

The Torque Tube wasnt up to the twisting of the swing arms and went pop, just about all were replaced under warranty - my silver one got replaced with a red disc brake model

Which was nice.

Latest posts

Back