Show us your (Marin) Boingers!

Cheers
Im enjoying looking at all the old bikes on here...
Quite chuffed theres not only me and the mrs into the old stuff.. there different mate.

My two, all original 1997 (small) and a 1998 (medium).

Thinking about selling the 1998, as two is being greedy and I want to get an E-stay frame to build.

Attachments

• IMG_9257.jpg
    IMG_9257.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9373.jpg
    IMG_9373.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 13
Wow minters pal. I like the silver mount vision looks nice all silver how long have you owned them. The swing arm on mine looks a bit different on the top tube is that a different arm?.
Don't sell it you will regret it massive. The wife rode my alpine once and took it off me and told me to buy another ha ha ha thats how we ended up with the 2.
Cheers Grant

Wow minters pal. I like the silver mount vision looks nice all silver how long have you owned them. The swing arm on mine looks a bit different on the top tube is that a different arm?.
Don't sell it you will regret it massive. The wife rode my alpine once and took it off me and told me to buy another ha ha ha thats how we ended up with the 2.
Cheers Grant
I bought one last year but it was the Large size. Swapped the front triangle for the medium one (with orange Manis and swingarm).
The silver and white 1997 I bought summer last year as was looking for a smaller version, that one is small but is a nice size to ride.

I remember seeing the advert for the 1997 one when they came out and fell in love with them. They were far too expensive for me at the time.

This is the pic that did it for me:

8 Mount Vision.jpg

The top tube of the swingarm on my all silver one is the original swingarm. But they proved to an achilles heel. So they strengthened them. So the one on your Rift Zone and my silver and orange one is the later stronger version.

Ah I thought mine was original swing arm its a 97 the stickers on your and mine are the same.. our lasses looks like an earlier one. Everyone comments on them which gives you a buzz. There different to your modern stuff that everyone owns. The rift zone has fancy wheels on it just makes it different .

Back