show us your elevated c/s bikes

Made by Dave Funk, first generation model, functional prototype. Very rare and sought after.
Thank you so much for the info. A prototype Funk. Very nice! With the Answer Manitou M1 shock, I would think the bike was made in early 90’s.

Made by Dave Funk, first generation model, functional prototype. Very rare and sought after.

I don't think this is a funk.

Darryl released first gen Funk around 1988/89 called the durango.
Followed up in 90-92 with some small changes including update to the name pro-comp.

First gen frames had very rough looking welds, no cable stop on seat tube for front mech, used a roller, cable stops on top tube were riveted, seat post size was 28.6.

Later models had cable stop on seat tube, welded cable stops on TT and main welds smoothed out.
Some seat post size changed to 27.2

Later models ran as above but with 31.6 seat post size.

All ran 1.1/4 head tubes but never seen one with gussets.

Whatever this frame is it's certainly early 90's judging by what appears to be a 1.1/4 head tube, but I don't think it's a prototype FUNK, but happy and interested to be proved otherwise 😎

Such a nice looking frame
Such a shame it’s been painted plain red - mind you the main thing is it’s survived !

Bet it was a jaw dropper in its day with a bling paint job

Did you by chance worked with Dave Funk in late 80s and early 90s? Is this bike one of experimental Funk bikes they tested out in early stage of the company?

Did you by chance worked with Dave Funk in late 80s and early 90s? Is this bike one of experimental Funk bikes they tested out in early stage of the company?

Attachments

• D5EA7AE6-F2E1-425A-AECD-471B86E65604.jpeg
    D5EA7AE6-F2E1-425A-AECD-471B86E65604.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 17
Told ya ...all smartie boyyyyyzzz!

Now what? Whats up with that "early FUNK prototype that is VERY much sought after"?

By the way: That gentleman is called DARYL Funk. Not Dave.

:)

Back