Show us your Diamond Backs!!!

My only Diamond Back; a ‘94 Dual Response
Photo retrieved from BotM archive many years past 😍

Attachments

• IMG_7214.jpeg
    IMG_7214.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 5
Thank you for that, If only I'd known it was that easy to find the year ! Not decided yet to make it original, and revert to Canti's or use a full Deore 3 x 9 speed group set and wheels I have on it.
DBs of this age are nice and light with rigid fork - also ripe for restomod treatment via a 1x9 drivetrain - this makes for a clean look and very lightweight ride, plus you wont miss the clunky shifting of vintage rear mech, nor extra shifter, cables or chain slap on rough terrain - narrow/wide chainring and freewheel are infinitely superior and very affordable these days and will make for a more enjoyable time all round especially if budget doesnt run to top spec groupsets. More than anything else, its extremely hard to find good quality NOS components at any price.

DBs of this age are nice and light with rigid fork - also ripe for restomod treatment via a 1x9 drivetrain - this makes for a clean look and very lightweight ride, plus you wont miss the clunky shifting of vintage rear mech, nor extra shifter, cables or chain slap on rough terrain - narrow/wide chainring and freewheel are infinitely superior and very affordable these days and will make for a more enjoyable time all round especially if budget doesnt run to top spec groupsets. More than anything else, its extremely hard to find good quality NOS components at any price.
Couple of other builds going on at the moment, before I need to 100% decide what to do with the DB, at the moment I'm tempted to replace the chain / cables, clean and lube all the bearings and stick a pair of new Altus BR-CT91 Canti's on. Clean and polish the paintwork and ride it lol. Do have the 9 speed Deore option if I want to change it later.

Latest posts

Back