Show us your 700C ATB / MTB / Hybrid

The original state that I mentioned before, turned out to be beyond worth rescuing.
But as things do, the solution turned up in the shape of a complete, sort of rare, Shimano 700CX group.
I run the cheaper brother, 400CX, on a Peugeot Prestige 500 and that thing goes.

Plan was to go Grey, but it turns out there are a lot of shades of grey .. (at least fifty of them)
The uniform green/grey look is far-fetched.

Suggestions are already been made to finisch off with yellow cabling?
And it's been said that I have to loose the chainring protector? I get it, but it completes the groep; any ideas or arguments?

View attachment 770148View attachment 770149View attachment 770150View attachment 770151View attachment 770152View attachment 770153View attachment 770154View attachment 770155

@grantoury
@couchbodado
@chambo34
@XTSTIMAN
@KayOs
@rjsc68
@joglo
@Spankyfart
@STX-RC
The 700cx looks great. I like the chainguard, it is original, like you say. I am never a fan of this colour combining, I would stick to black cabling. But that's just me.

I find it hardly ever works the coloured cable thing, I'd consider it on a Al or Ti Marin with the fluo accents.
Other then that I'd keep it black.

The marketing term 'Hybrid' is sensible and accurate for what alot of them are. A hybrid mix of mtb/atb and cross bikes. I guess the word is too sensible which is why it got dropped. Hybrid doesn't evoke images of teens sending it down gnarrly black runs.
Now the same bikes are called 'gravel' and alot of people who turned their noses up at hybrids and mocked them as being for pensioners to potter up and down canal paths, or take on french vineyard tours with a whole handlebar mounted array of satnav devices, are shelling out good money for the modern equivalent.
Apart from the awful bso shite that came out of catalogues alot of them were good and did a job well. The mass produced aluminium frames weren't too shabby and if you replaced the heavy basic equipment, they were often fitted with, you had a very decent bike.
There must be a whole ton of barely used hybrids languishing in the more well-to-do housing estates, around the uk, and could be had for little or no money. Apart from the commuters alot of hybrid purchases were not made by people who were ever going to pile on the miles.
This is so true

The original state that I mentioned before, turned out to be beyond worth rescuing.
But as things do, the solution turned up in the shape of a complete, sort of rare, Shimano 700CX group.
I run the cheaper brother, 400CX, on a Peugeot Prestige 500 and that thing goes.

Plan was to go Grey, but it turns out there are a lot of shades of grey .. (at least fifty of them)
The uniform green/grey look is far-fetched.

Suggestions are already been made to finisch off with yellow cabling?
And it's been said that I have to loose the chainring protector? I get it, but it completes the groep; any ideas or arguments?

View attachment 770148View attachment 770149View attachment 770150View attachment 770151View attachment 770152View attachment 770153View attachment 770154View attachment 770155

@grantoury
@couchbodado
@chambo34
@XTSTIMAN
@KayOs
@rjsc68
@joglo
@Spankyfart
@STX-RC
The balance for going yellow leans to that side ...... I just couldn't resist this yellow Turbo seat!!
image-22-08-2023_18-31-48-43.jpg

The balance for going yellow leans to that side ...... I just couldn't resist this yellow Turbo seat!!
View attachment 771486
the yellow Turbo is great.
If you like you can add a bit sensitive some other small yellow pieces too.
E.g. like yellow Koolstop Eagle brake pads
Koolstop eagle II yellow.jpg
Sure, they also brake nicely.

I'm using those too and loving it at my Crossroads which has yellow decals too

Back