Show us what you did today, thread

Been in Glasgow this weekend, no biking involved but did see plenty of bikes at the Riverside Museum...
IMG_20211016_132745.jpg
IMG_20211016_132817.jpg

And a few more Retro ones 😉...

IMG_20211016_132937.jpg

IMG_20211016_135528.jpg

Loads more hanging up on display too.

I'd never even heard of the Riverside Museum, but it was actually pretty interesting.

Not today, but was on holiday last week for the first time in two years... naturally it poured with rain until the Friday but that gave me enough time to get round to fitting brakes that work. Handy when your house is half way down a long and very steep hill!

20211025_Imagepipe_1.jpg

20211025_Imagepipe_2.jpg

StrathPuffer time is approaching. Time to dig out the proper bike.
Poor thing was put away wet and muddy the last time I rode it 2 years ago.
Drop of oil on the chain, tyres needed another 2 psi. These single speeds are so unreliable!

Found plenty mud and deep wet ruts, but needed a decent climb, so up Cnoc Farrel to see if I'd got too slack.
Yup, had to stop for air just near the top. Got to get fitter with the 'Puffer not far away now so I can (try to) keep up with Jamie.

cnoc farrel.jpeg Tulloch track.jpeg

I do love the maddest bike in the known universe😎

Added something conventional looking to my collection but still suitably weird, an ex USSR 10 speed roadbike. It's a Ksv, possibly a "Turist" or a "Sputnik" and like all odd bikes it has some weird features. The seatpost is 25mm exactly or slightly smaller in diameter, the fork steerer is 26mm OD and the BB although conventional English threaded is 70mm wide. All the tubes are metric such as 28mm exactly instead of 28.6mm but the wheels would have been 27 x 1&1/4" in original spec. Pretty much all info on them is in broken English translated from Russian or Ukrainian so I have had to join Russias answer to Facebook, VK to find owners clubs to get any info. The adventure begins😬

Sounds "interesting" Komrade, no doubt a utilitarian machine, would be interesting to see a photo of such an interesting sounding bike.

Took this lovely old thing out for the first time after switching to fall/spring wheels (non-slick tires don't slip'n'slide on wet leaves) and at the same time upgrading to 9-speed rear cassette and Sram Rocket shifter to match it and new cranks (old ones were hella worn out). Been riding an "X-rated" SS (with a 150mm Sherman lifting the nose sky-high) lately so forgot how fast this one is, takes off like a missile with the new gearing. This is the one with the custom-machined 1" steerer to make the Bomber fit this older-standard frame, apparently 1" MX-Series was still available from Marzocchi well towards 2010 but I never found one so I modified this Z-series instead, it's more period-correct and hella more beautiful anyway 😇 Oh yeah frame was rim-only brake setup from the factory, but I know how to hot-glue metal, and no it ain't a real Peugeot but like 20 years ago I like them decals so they went on 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• 20211108_224442.jpg
    20211108_224442.jpg
    897 KB · Views: 9
Looks good jim, the transport museum is not bad either.
They are the same place now I think. The Transport museum was incorporated into the Riverside a few years back now. Great place and change round the front exhibits quite regularly too.

Well it has been a while since posting and while not been building too much over the summer I have been riding a steadily as usual. A few great rides with Brian as always, a few with Caleb, a few retro, quite a bit of cargo too. Late September I sold my Big Dummy as I was looking at buying a Larry Vs Harry Bullitt frame and building it up. I ended up selling my Big Dummy, a Mercian, a Flying Scot and the Brian Rourke and had enough cash to pick up a Bullitt second hand complete in an Alfine 8 build. Came with the LvH Canopy, seat etc which I may use for the dog. A great deal was struck and with a great deal of logistical jiggery pokery and lucky timing we picked it up last month down south. First thing was to strip it back to nuts and bolts and deep clean as well as work out exactly how it works. Long story short, we love it. It's similar to the Dummy as it is something I have wanted to do for a few years and it is turning out even better than I thought. Start of a new adventure. Not done too many miles, just local until the weekend when we returned to Inverness for the second Kidical Mass/ Pedal on Parliament ride. Made a few mods and loving it.

Untitled by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_6703 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_6564 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Plus we have also had a few of Brians 'road' rides

IMG_6642 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_6637 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_6665 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back