Show us what you did today, thread

Dragged the wee man in the trailer along to Monifieth park then made it to Barry Station just in time to catch the steam train going by.

Last edited:
Headed up Glen Esk with sparky to do some exploring this morning. Bit worried on the drive up as it pi$$ed it down as soon as I left the house but actually got better the higher up the glen i got. Lots of new estate tracks that aren't on my old map, but I've recently invested in some new ones so have an up to date digital copy on my phone as well. Again, I'm unsure who actually classifies the tracks as the I could barely see the double lined track I was on, but came to the junction to the single dotted track which was a 3 metre wide motorway.

Was very glad of sparky's help on the ups, since as usual the estates think the best way to build a track is to go straight up. I think they must be employing a lot of Romans to do the building. This one is the other side of the ride I had to abort last month when the map track disappeared into a bracken moor. From the top I could see the correct track heading into the distance along with a new track not on even my updated map. I think this new one may connect to where I gave up last time, but that would have put on two glens away from where I wanted to be so I left it for another day. Think that may be a two car shuttle job when I find a willing victim, sorry I mean riding partner.

Untitled by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

I turned back down at the top of that and headed for the bridge crossing further down the glen and headed out towards the north.
Another big straight climb took me to an amazing view up towards the Fungle Road and back down a blisteringly fast descent to the car.

Steadily chipping away at that glen and making good progress at in covering my Landranger 44. May have to replace it though as so much of my last few rides aren't even on it. Not surprising given I've had it since 1990!

Is that the map of Pangea you bought as a lad Clubby? Before the continents separated? 😉

At least you got out on your moped, I was busy doing "stuff" this morning, and by the time I'd finished and was contemplating a ride it decided for me and started to pi$$ it down 🙄

Still, I've been making headway clearing out some of the wheels i seem to have had for years but not actually used...

Back