Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Went for a ride to suss out another way up to top of Bishop Hill that didn't take 2 hours from Kinross via the Loch Leven trail, John Knox's Pulpit then round the back of Bishop. Rode from house to Scotlandwell to ride up a forestry road that would take me up through woods just below top of Bishop. Big mistake, unrelenting 13%+ gradient ALL the way, several stops "to look at the view" later I did a runner stage left near...ish the top of forest road, couldn't take any more :roll: . Knew I was about 200 metres from the downhill path/trail I was heading for that runs from top, that's 200 horizontal metres no up the way. :mrgreen:

The weather radar globe I was heading for at top of woods, pushing/riding up trail to this point where pic taken just below Kinneston Crags was far easier than riding up the forest road.

Western end of Benarty across road from ma hoose is in middle of pic in distance.

Sun starting to head for it's bed across other side of Loch Leven.

Also added a couple of pics from ride earlier in week.

Tuesday this week, Benarty trig point with Bishop Hill beyond. It was a braw day.

Tuesday, blue skies over blue loch.

These are from ride earlier in March.

End of 1st week in March, not a blue sky day.

Nor was the loch blue.

Only pic I took during the cauld and snaw in January

Middle of January, some snow, frozen hard ground, no much snow that day compared to later on when I next went up, it was knee deep.
Luckily that day walkers had already flattened a trail to follow but it wandered aboot like a drunk man, ended up just pushing bike in straight line to trig through the snow as it was quicker.

Beautiful photos and man you have been getting out and getting some great miles in. Well done.
Some spectacular views.

Jamie

Re:

Thanks Jamie but your pics and posts of your rides are way better I think.
I'm guilty of not making much effort on most, nearly all, rides to actually think about taking a few pics.
As to getting out more, it's weather dependent, don't enjoy the glaur like some do, a certain cannae be arseness sets in. :oops:
My mood picks up come this time of year and why wouldn't it? Love dry sunny days. :D

Gorgeous weekend down here. Spent yesterday in garden with the wee man and had him at the beach this morning while Sharron was out with her friend. Payback this afternoon was I got out for a few hours on the Saffron. First ride on it since autumn as it's far too nice to ride through winter. Almost feels like cheating after a winter on plus tyres and thick mud, so fast and effortless. Was Strava hunting one particular section and gutted I missed my PB by just two seconds, just ran out of steam at the end.
One more full week of work before a quiet looking April, still no-one taking time off until covid restrictions lift, then I'll probably be inundated with bookings. Hoping weather holds and I'll get some riding in before that happens.

Untitled by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

That Saffron is really lovely Clubby. Everything from the tyres, frame colour, Lefty to the huge rear gear looks like it is all for a purpose. Really nice.

Jamie

Been a busy weekend for riding bikes and some cracking weather for both days.

Saturday saw what I think is maybe my first Retro mtb ride this year? I took the newly built Kona Manomano to some local trails, and actually had a blast! 😃 for an old mtb it coped remarkably well with the rougher stuff, although I did overcook it a bit near the end and punctured the front tyre... oops!! 😆 modern tubeless does have its benefits! Fortunately all I needed was one tyre lever and the the tyre came off easily, new tube in and a blast of CO2 and I was back riding in a few minutes

Today I was out on my modern-ish Cove Hummer hardtail mtb, now re-purposed as a single-speed gravel bike. I Took it at a leisurely pace and checked out a few locations I'd not been to before, the woods at Clochandighter are worth another look on a proper mtb another day I think.

All in all a good couple of rides, and now the days are getting longer I'm hoping to get out on the bikes a bit more in the evenings.

Hope you all had a good weekend 👍🏻 20210327_085840-01.jpeg 20210327_072633-01.jpeg 20210327_084123-01.jpeg 20210328_100418-01.jpeg 20210328_100508-01.jpeg

Took me a while to realise the lump on the Hummers top tube was not a rock in the background but actually a frame bag. Think I am becoming confused in my old age :)

To further show how little attention I pay these days, only just noticed our MacRetro tartan banners have gone, although I did notice the change in format which is good.

Latest posts

Back