Wanted Shimano XTR Brake Lever Clamp Bolt

icicleboy

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,
So, wanted to change over the flat bars on my Kona Hahanna to a set of risers. It was part way through the removal that I discovered that whoever clamped the equipment to the bars had decided that 400nm would be ideal and then to ruin the XTR clamp bolt to top it off. With a bit of hammering I have removed the bolt, but it will definitely need replacement.

So, with that little story behind us, does anyone have such a bolt going spare?

XTR BL-M950 Clamp Bolt​

Thanks
D.

Last edited:
They pop up on eBay but not often. I have found that longer chain ring bolts work well as a replacement.

I might have a spare original one somewhere as like you, bought a pair of levers that someone had mangled one of the two bolts on, so may still have the good one u less I found a slate single at the time. Will check later for you.

Thanks for the tip. I will search the bits box. And please do let me know if you do happen to find a spare. I am sure I could swap something for it, thanks

Yes the original bolt is an M8 x 16mm, so as ishaw says, a chainring bolt of the right length should do the trick

ScreenHunter_46 Jul. 24 17.09.jpg

Last edited:
Very useful info, thanks. Have found a possible replacement on eBay that is a cheap fix for now.. When it arrives I'll let you know if it fits

I did have a look today but came up empty, I must have found a spare rather than a pair of alternatives. I did find some possibles but they were slightly short and the wrong thread pitch. I hope what you've found fit.

Hey, no problem. With the help I've received I know exactly what I'm looking for so it shouldn't take long to find a replacement.

Back