Saved from the skip! 90’s Marin

Re:

M-Power":bdot32il said:
Agreed, always loved the look or that frame finish. It would look cool on a Ti frame too.

It would, in fact IIRC there might have been a mega rare version of the Team Titanium produced with a similar finish. I'm sure that Benandemu on here owned one but he hasn't been on the site for a while I think.

Great save by the way. I believe the '93 marins shared the same Tange frame tubing with a few of the lower end models so it has a decent chassis to work with, shall we say. Will look forward to seeing what you do with it :)

Re:

Cheers for the link marc two tone.
Yes, I have a cunning plan. I own an electric pipe freezing machine for use (normally) on central heating pipe work. I’m going to clamp that up to the seat tube and hopefully it will cool the seat post enough to shock it off..
Will keep you posted, if it works I’m happy to do others for people on here if they’re local..

Re: Re:

sparkybhp":1oxokwsm said:
Cheers for the link marc two tone.
Yes, I have a cunning plan. I own an electric pipe freezing machine for use (normally) on central heating pipe work. I’m going to clamp that up to the seat tube and hopefully it will cool the seat post enough to shock it off..
Will keep you posted, if it works I’m happy to do others for people on here if they’re local..

I have heard of people doing something similar to push out dents in steel tubes and maybe Ti.Filling tube with water, sealing the ends off and then freezing...ice expands and supposedly....voila. Interesting

Good luck. Then of course there's the Sheldon Brown hierarchy of tactics for what to try beyond that method...

Latest posts

Back