Sad day for my '91 Palisades...

Ren Rawbor

Fat Chance Fan
Been a while since I've been online but this is not great, stacked my Palisades pretty hard yesterday. If anyone knows the Ringway tunnels near Wilmslow (yes, not even off road lol) one has a cycle/pedestrian tunnel with a flat surface & the other has a cycle lane and then a raised kerb to the pedestrian section. You already know where this is going right?

Yeh, I moved over to let a faster bike past (actually my stepson on his '93/4 Pali' Trail) and my back wheel hooked said kerb & I went skewing off towards the wall, bailed and the bike went slamming into the wall. End result being a bent steerer on the 1" Rockstars, possibly egged out the lower race in the head tube & bent bars/stem.

Been a good while since I damaged a classic, and the 1" head has come back to bite me as the only replacement forks I have are 1 1/8" :( The head tube I can deal with by way of loctite on the race but having no replacement fork or bearings has put a dampener on things. I was even pretty excited this morning as the boy has a set of Marzocchi Bomber Z1 I was gonna throw on until I can find an original replacement.

Anyway, no rhyme or reason for posting other than to share my disappointment & the fact that I'm a goon lol

I have a black 1" threaded headset (barely used) and a set of original Palisades bars which are hardly faded if these are any use. I'm off touring, back Thursday. PM me if these are any use to you. £10 plus postage.

Cool thanks, will have to make a mental note to let you know Thursday.

Another thought, were Bomber Z1 ever available with 1" steerer? Might be interested in a crown and steerer for those if so ('98 model forks if it makes a difference)

Back