Roberts '91 Build. Chainset restored

Roberts XK II model...?

Last edited:
I really have no idea what model it is. I read somewhere for £15 Roberts will give you a history. The frame number breaks down as 91 08 09, which I think is the 9th build from August 1991.

If you are using 577 hubs does that mean you are stuck with using ultra rare Mavic cassettes from the "Mountain" group?
Yes, I'm still using the original 8 cogs that came with the hub when I had it built by Merlin back in 1994. Still work perfect. Recently changed all bearings (5 in the back!)
I think some Shimano cassettes do fit. Xtr doesnt, as I found out to my expense.

Fantastic hubs.I had 2 sets of the earlier(freewheel) Paris Gao Dakar hubs on M7CD rims.Easily the strongest(and one of the heaviest) wheelsets I have ever ridden.Could you put a Dremel to a cassette and get it to fit?

Fantastic hubs.I had 2 sets of the earlier(freewheel) Paris Gao Dakar hubs on M7CD rims.Easily the strongest(and one of the heaviest) wheelsets I have ever ridden.Could you put a Dremel to a cassette and get it to fit?
I got a pair of 8 speed micro shift cassettes last week. I may experiment with them.
By the way, I used to have a Triumph 1963 T90, semi-bathtub. Beautiful. I sold it and bought a Diamond Back Ascent. Was I wrong?!?!?

Back