Ritchey Z-Max EVOLUTION

I have the WCS version in my stash. Like a true retro dork I´ve already removed logos, but did not try them (yet). They are pretty lightweight and thread pattern indeed looks hardly changed from BITD.

IMG_3362.jpg

That already looks much better!

Just realised after posting this thread these are pretty impossible to find in the UK now..

But if people have had good experiences might start a wanted thread?

Ah bummer, yeah I´ve had them for a couple of years now and they were already pretty hard to find back then. I think I got them via ebay?

I've found the 'premonition' is on fleeBay, not sure what the difference is other than the thread is somewhat indented?

Had several pair from Bankrupt Bike Parts a couple of years ago. Bought purely for nostalgic reasons when I clocked the tread pattern. Good all rounder, decent puncture resistance. I managed about 500 miles from a pair.

Nice fast tyre but the 2.1 was more like a 1.8. Suits a retro build though as tread pattern hasn’t changed since they were released.

Had several pair from Bankrupt Bike Parts a couple of years ago. Bought purely for nostalgic reasons when I clocked the tread pattern. Good all rounder, decent puncture resistance. I managed about 500 miles from a pair.
Well I thought that the WCS has a soft compound, but 500 miles seems really short? That´s a quarter of a season for me. I wonder if the other versions are similarly fast wearing.

Back