RIP Captaincowelly

I've just seen this, I haven't been on here much recently and was just wondering what had happened to his amazing Karma giveaway. So so sad, I will think about him and his family and friends as I ride into work tomorrow.
Hopefully he is at peace now.

I was working my way through the Captain's "Karma" thread and thought to myself what a wonderful thing that is happening here. Reading through it made me feel a sense of happiness in knowing that someone can be so selfless and all that was asked in return was the help to give more of his stuff away. The best thing I have read in a very long time. I am just a fly on the wall reading his posts and I am saddened to hear what happened, my thoughts go out to his friends and family and anyone affected by this news.
Thank you Captaincowwelly, you have taught me something.
RIP

Well, I didn't know the guy, but obviously the karma thread takes on a different meaning when you consider he was likely doing suicidal ideation at the time.

Can we please stop automatically equating suicide with 'poor mental health' ? Imo that's a lazy cop-out which is disrespectful to the deceased... there might be sound reasoning behind a suicide. The fact that we are not willing to go there ourselves doesn't entitle us to pathologise those who do.

Well, I didn't know the guy, but obviously the karma thread takes on a different meaning when you consider he was likely doing suicidal ideation at the time.

Can we please stop automatically equating suicide with 'poor mental health' ? Imo that's a lazy cop-out which is disrespectful to the deceased... there might be sound reasoning behind a suicide. The fact that we are not willing to go there ourselves doesn't entitle us to pathologise those who do.
The OP who knows the family, states that it was due to "Mental Health" so very little equating needs to be done.

Such sad news. While I didn't know him in person, I knew him on here and as many have said, he seemed a great guy. He got in touch with me directly about his very generous karma thread, sharing the love directly.

RB got me through some tough times so I'm forever grateful for those who take the time to participate on here, as you never know how much help having a digital interaction can be.

Such a shame that even RB couldn't help Steve.

My thoughts are with everyone who knew him.

I'm bumping this thread back to the top, I've personally known the Captain for quite a long time from Junior school through to secondary school (Tollbar) and beyond, I've not seen him physically for a good few years but messaged him on here.
Unfortunately I only found out yesterday of Steve's passing over to the big trail in the sky from a mutual friend (Martin),
Who is helping the His Mum and Sister to clear out his bikes , parts and other belongings.
I shall try to be helping Martin with this task, so if anyone is owed parts etc please msg me and we can see if we can complete the task and we shall offer his bikes on here before Ebay, Facebook etc so they go to true fans of retro bikes and not some bike flipper trying to make a few £s on the side.

The hardest part of having a mental illness is asking for help, and feeling of the stigma. That's a big hurdle to get across.
Please check in on your friends, Its ok not to be ok.
SPEAK OUT & STAY SAFE

Back