Ridgeback mountain bike - unknown

chris_h

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

I'm new here and was hoping to get some information on an old Ridgeback I have.

Does anyone know what model it is or roughly what year? A few bits have been changed over the years and now the condition isn't very good after sitting in a shed for years.

Would it be worth anything, is it worth restoring or breaking for parts?

Thanks in advance
Chris

gSNYJnn.jpg

YhsTurg.jpg

SCZkQew.jpg

oni2X7w.jpg

ycQZa1J.jpg

f11kSUp.jpg

If those are Suntour pedals, which they look like, it might be worth selling them separately as they tend to go for a good price, maybe about £60-£80.

This is a Ridgeback 501 a couple of years younger than yours after a complete restoration

Don't break it for parts , their only worth anything with the frame . However a similar bike

to yours only made £67 when sold earlier this year , and the pedals alone are worth at least that

Attachments

• P1020461.JPG
    P1020461.JPG
    423.2 KB · Views: 17
Hi,

The one discussed here has probably gone but I'm looking for an early ridgeback if you're interested in selling it....I had one back in the mid 80s (not 100% sure of model, but will do some research unless anyone here has the answer?) . I'll check the for sale ads...

Just found this site, never knew there was such fandom for these lovely old machines.

Excuse the crazy colouration......note the tandem BMX i built from a PUCH tamdem, that was entertaining to ride!

ridge.png

Back