Reynolds K2 tubing new info + Raleigh K2 bike observations.

My purple ( "dark ruby") Summit only looked good to me in the dark till I resprayed it!
I have an interesting 501 Raleigh, marketed as a "Moonrun". Nice Suntour groupset, with an August '90 date code. It has a different geometry and rear triangle to my earlier ones. Also has an oversize headtube! Has anyone had or even spotted one of these? It was painted (stove enamelled?) black to a high standard, still looks very tidy. I remember telling a know-it-all bike shop owner about it, he was sure I was just plain stupid, so I took it in to show him. Seeing is believing!

Re:

Why don't you post a pic of it on the Raleigh MTB owners page - part of the forum which needs to see a bit more activity cos most people just worship the Dynatechs stuff. I would like to see your bike.

I'd be happy to, but my computer literacy is so poor I don't know how to post pics.. Don't have any.pics of "Moonie" (as I call it) in stock either. Bit pathetic really, will try to rectify both those issues!

Original paint on my 1993 Peak is still great.
Stickers are shit but that's minor.
If you can email pics I can sort them out.

Cheers matey, will do some pics then pm you/email..Ta! I've de-stickered a few bikes over the years, looks better to me than tatty ones, and they're usually a bit naff anyway!

Latest posts

Back