Recommend a small easily available quality retro frame

sickpup

Old School Hero
Evening chaps
I've just built up a 16" 1990 or thereabouts Cannondale for the other half but really it's just that little bit too big for her.
She has no interest in suspension and wants a relatively simple bike for riding easy trails and getting fitter as well as in a few years taking the grandchildren out with their bikes
so can anyone recommend an easily obtainable quality retro frame around 14" in size?

This thread may help. Kona was the first that came to mind really, as I know they made several models in 14".

Cannondale did 14" too - the 93ish M2000 DeltaV type frame - Pepperoni forks - very dainty.

The ‘Small’ Oranges are excellent - about 13inches middle BB to middle TT - either C16R or P7. I sold two a while ago I am afraid - Green one and a matt black one. Really light, really strong, ride beautifully. Oh drat, I also sold a ‘small’ Orange Evo2 (alloy) as well. All had been great for my son and daughter.

Evening chaps
I've just built up a 16" 1990 or thereabouts Cannondale for the other half but really it's just that little bit too big for her.
She has no interest in suspension and wants a relatively simple bike for riding easy trails and getting fitter as well as in a few years taking the grandchildren out with their bikes
so can anyone recommend an easily obtainable quality retro frame around 14" in size?

There was a beautiful Alpinestars T26 available just the other day on here! Seems to meet your requirements.

Last edited:
Back