rBoTM RBotM November 2021 - Open Month - Entries Now Invited!!!!!!

road Bike of The Month
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to RBotM November 2021 -
This Month is another open month so all entries welcome!

Judging by the new members and the Readers Rides posts I am hoping to see a great turnout now that the nights are getting a bit darker earlier and people have time to join in.
So get snapping or enter a photo you took earlier, either way it's easy to join in.

Usual rules apply: 2 photographs with a brief description and hopefully a link to a readers ride build page, website etc, basically somewhere people can get a more detailed story of the bike or build.
Entries open until last day of month then a five day poll to vote the winner in.

Lets get rolling, who will be first?

Jamie

Hi, originally posted in the The Official Retrobike Fixed and S/S thread page 52.
1939 RRA, now rebuilt close to the spec it was when owned and ridden by Cliff Smith (long distance time trialist and multiple record holder through the 60s and 70s).
Rebuilt using parts received on the bike when purchased and referencing photos of Cliff in action on the bike which were kindly supplied by his grandson.
Cliff achieved amazing success riding his RRAs and his favourite CHC - considering he was riding 1930s technology, hub gears, steel components and just a minimum of updated parts.
I'm currently looking for a Dunlop Special Lightweight 27" x 1 1/4" 32 hole chrome front rim to build onto a small flange front BW hub to finish the build (see Road Wanted ad).

Attachments

• green3.jpg
    green3.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 23
  • green6.jpg
    green6.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 22
Just to add to the numbers and to give myself a bit of a nudge to get it finished before the end of the month;
Peachy’s 1962 Claud Butler Cordon Bleu

Ongoing build thread;

And a photo of how I found her. (To be swapped out later)🤞
DBBB0302-E744-442F-85B2-F4AEAD3943DC.jpeg 49A0F246-0DD4-473B-B157-59F66037BE36.jpeg

As promised…

Last edited:
Deadline for entry coming up soon chaps!
Come on, don’t let the crap way this new format alerts us to these posts be the death on RBotM

The LG's 1989 Raleigh Touriste

Ready for winter with a trouser guard!

img_20211012_154519-jpg.576454

1625129688750-png.552861

Looking good everyone! A very British month and a very Raleigh month so far.

Time is running out, tell your friends, tell your neighbours tell your co workers, dig those old bikes out and enter.
Peachy is right about this new notification system as even I am not being told there are new entries.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back