rBoTM RBotM December 2023 - OPEN Month - all welcome - Enter Now!!!!

road Bike of The Month
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving this months entries - so far!
Foreigners E F Russ has just confirmed what I already knew - that my Selbach has E F Russ forks fitted!
I think people copied Russ and that style of fork was called "Russ pattern". So entirely likely if numbers match Selbach made the fork. That said London builders often did work for each other. Only supposition.

Either way I'd own any or all, a beautiful month and the 30's were great for m/c, cars, architecture and design.

I think people copied Russ and that style of fork was called "Russ pattern". So entirely likely if numbers match Selbach made the fork. That said London builders often did work for each other. Only supposition.

Either way I'd own any or all, a beautiful month and the 30's were great for m/c, cars, architecture and design.
I have a full Carbon bike that I never ride anymore, much rather be plodding along on one of my old Steelers. The Claud is a lovely bike to ride with all of its 4speeds. It’s the oldest one I have, maybe I should look older?

Just adding to the mix with humble submission since those other bikes are great. An old (poor) photo of bike and new photo of crankset; I need to take and put a few new photos on thread (https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/1930ish-automoto.440543/) as I amass more parts to make this an Automoto whether is is or not. I have not been completely idle just busy working on other's equipment; paint partly removed, slow process due to trying to find previous clues to make/model before destroying evidence.

Early-mid 30s? Bike
automoto 1930s.jpg

Just got this Automoto chainwheel; cranks unknown (maybe OE or not; no markings, 170mm, French thread; I have an Automoto marked set onhand with an unknown chainwheel so problem solved)
20231205_014703~2.jpg

Last edited:
Manufrance Classic Randonneur 650B 1970s

I purchased this bike from a bike stall at the Anjou Vintage Velo, a bike event in Saumur, France,
Tough choice between those two….

some years ago. It appears to be original except the saddle, which I have added.

Manufrance, founded in the 1880s, was a gigantic distributor of cycles, rifles and almost anything useful for a private household. They were based in St Etienne, the city known as the cycle manufacturing cradle of France.

Their success was incredible but came to an end in the 1970s and in the 1980s the troubled company was bought by Bernard Tapie.

Attachments

• IMG_8931.jpeg
    IMG_8931.jpeg
    636.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8928.jpeg
    IMG_8928.jpeg
    638.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8929.jpeg
    IMG_8929.jpeg
    655.6 KB · Views: 24
Ditto, so far at least one vote per bike seems in order. 🤓

I don't see any clear winner - they are all lovely, full of character and would love to have a ride on them all. It's a superb month :)

Due to being 'floaty' with the rules recently and causing some unrest because of it, I feel I must point this one out to all, especially Foreigner this month.
Rule 12 states 'One bike per user per month - don't be greedy.'
So, and personally I think this is a good thing, pick your best out and enter this month and fantastic! as you have three months worth of incredible entries ready to go ;)
So my apologies Foreigner as it is your enthusiasm that is much needed and appreciated, though we just need to spread it :)
Thanks

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back