RBotM Competition - Could all forum users read please?

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Hi guys
I have recently taken on the RBotM moderator duties.
Now its a tall order as it seems to have declined in polularity over the last year or so and voting numbers and nominations sometimes reflect this.
I asked to take it on as I want it to come back to the for and stimulate interest in the forum itself as I have found there is a general slowing down of things the last year or so on the road section. I find there is also a good bit of needless bitchin and negativity creeping in as well.
So to pick things up I am trying to come up with ideas for the RBotM and plan to run a theme every other month. This way it gives the people who have entered a normal month a chance to enter again, this along with showcasing peoples rides that fall into a similar category. Hopefully compare and inspire others builds.
Along with this I am also running a themed picture comp each month, this months being autumn. Open to interpretation, pretty much a bike and autumn :) Autumn means different things to different people.
I am trying to get this sorted and am learning about the mod side, there is certainly a lot more to it than I ever appreciated :oops:
For this month at least the poll will go up on the last day of the month due to a slightly later start.
This months them is BRITISH!
So after all this waffle what I really want to say, especially to the guys who don't normally participate in the competitions or polls but who I know have such beautiful collections, please, please get behind this. I personally never really think of it as a competition, its more of a showcase of the machines out there.
This can really only work if people get behind it, so lets have some fun.
As I said this months is BRITISH machines and really if this isn't one of the most hotly nominated months then there is something up.
The rules are in the wiki section but its pretty simple really, now dig em out, polish them and get them listed :D

Thanks
Jamie

Themed competitions would be good ... I have entered my best bike twice now so I think that means I am banned from further participation with that one ...

If you do a themed one is it open again?

Re:

Good stuff Jamie .
With you all the way .I think British reserve may have a bit to do with some not showing their lovely steel ;) :cool:

Come on gang lets have a ball :idea:

Montello
As far as I read the rules, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but your machine is only excluded if it has already WON RBotM, not just entered.
You can also nominate someone elses machine but they must give permission beforehand.
Thanks for getting behind it guys.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back