RBotM August 2021 - OPEN MONTH - Entries now open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesper's '72/'73 Crescent Pepita

Sorry for a repeat, entered a couple months ago; but I like orange too so keeping with the informal theme that has developed. My next build (mid '70s Chesini Super Special) is not quite there (not orange either) due to extreme difficulty finding some original design decals (remnants are not sufficient for reproduction purposes; any ideas are welcome).

I readily see 3 front runners for my vote; great bikes folks!

build images: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/crescent-pepita-72-73.416699/

CRESCENT PEPITA 72-73.jpg
CRESCENT PEPITA 72-73 FRONT DRIVE TRAIN.jpg

All bikes should be orange!

Alright, I'll play. :)

I bought this frame set three weeks ago: Union "Rini Wagtmans". These frames were supplied by Gianni Motta in '76-'78 to the Union-Freetime cycling team, of which Rini Wagtmans, a former pro, was the manager.

IMG_20210801_143253129 (2).jpg

Built it up quickly - sorry, no build thread - to have it ready for Eroica Germania last weekend:

IMG_20210818_180814687.jpg

Just when I thought we exhausted the "orange crush"! Nice to see an old 3 speed amongst the thoroughbreds.

Just when I thought we exhausted the "orange crush"! Nice to see an old 3 speed amongst the thoroughbreds.
Thoroughbreds? I know its not orange and always had delusions of grandeur but you've just made my BSA's day

Thoroughbreds? I know its not orange and always had delusions of grandeur but you've just made my BSA's day
It may not be racing in the grand "derbies", but it isn't a plow horse either!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back