Raleigh RSP question

stingray230sx

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
i have tried this before, but maybe someone new will see this post and have an answer
picked up a 99? Raleigh RSP [im in USA, but bought out of Germany] frame but its color does not match what the fellas said was standard, but indicated it was a 99.

anyway, i am wondering if anyone knows the seatpost size, as my calipers indicate 26.4 or 26.6 and going to a bikeshop to use a size guide at this time is a bit hard to do.

thanks in advance for any and all help

pic for your viewing pleasure lol

Attachments

• pic8.JPG
    pic8.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 637
Re:

Thank you,

I was told RSP 400 but it is not an 853 tubeset so i want sure if it was
another model number

That for sure is an option

I used a 25mm one with a shim in mine. I still have the frame
It’s an RSP 400 frame ordered by bikemeister2000 - made in Taiwan, painted and assembled in England (my one) when he was product manager at Raleigh RSP/SPD

“.. the alloy frame was made to our design by A-Pro in Taiwan. A production delay meant that we had to build 853 versions for both catalogue photos and early orders.
The alloy frame was used for just 2 years, until my 2000 range. After that Raleigh took the strategic decision to close The Special Products Division as they had acquired the Diamondback brand..”

Re: Re:

sam_white":3c3wkzm4 said:
Ooh a 4 bar bike. That's a new one for me. Looks very neat.
What’s a 4 bar bike?
One for a pub crawl?

I’ve one of these frames - original sky blue with red triangle and rock shox deluxe rear shock - will sell it to anyone interested.
This was mine built up

Attachments

• 24D5E1AB-92AC-419B-98A0-22268979D5BF.jpeg
    24D5E1AB-92AC-419B-98A0-22268979D5BF.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 239
ibbz":3j8raqtg said:
I’ve one of these frames - original sky blue with red triangle and rock shox deluxe rear shock - will sell it to anyone interested.
This was mine built up

Was that an oe front shock?
If not what was the travel spec of oe?
I have several front shocks i can build it with, trying to get travel same as oe.

This is the Original spec
Ignore the frame in the picture - i was told that they put the 853 frame in the picture as they didn’t have any product photos of the Aluminium frame.

My stuff was all my own choice and not original - I had Magura o24u forks
My shock is basic Rock Shox which may have been an option.

Attachments

• 818C4D5B-E6F4-4177-BE4A-D907698FBD8A.jpeg
    818C4D5B-E6F4-4177-BE4A-D907698FBD8A.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 230

Latest posts

Back