Raleigh Professional Mark 1v - not catolag spec

Midorimage

Old School Hero
I got a 1974 Raleigh Professional Mark 1V Reynolds 531 frameset being sent to Massachusetts for me. It will be another summer project while I am visiting from Japan. I am glad my parents don't mind storing a few of my bicycles down in the basement.

Unfortunately it has been repainted, and ugly Raleigh USA decals were added. But there are a few updates that were added by a previous owner... water bottle bosses, over the bottom bracket cable guides, top tube cable guides, down tube shfiter braze on's and maybe the brake bridge was replaced.

I got it on the bay for a reasonable price.. so there are no complaints. I plan to make a quick build of it.. with parts that I have on hand to see if it fits and I like it... If i do like it I plan to get it powder coated or maybe even paint it myself. I don't have the budget for period Campy parts. So I will kit it out with what I have on hand. Eventually I will have lot of nice silver parts from Japan.. Nitto and Shimano

Can't seem to add any photos!! :evil: How do you do this? I hit the IMG bottom and placed a the address between the tags and I'm getting nothing but this......

anyways here is a link..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60138246@N08/9133049188/

Back