Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Pleased you still have it Andy. I think the slightly bulky head tube on Dynatechs suits Flexstems well, and as you say the Ti version’s super-clean and classy.

I reckon I probably got the only NOS MT4 in existence, thanks to you for keeping it safely stored all those years. It's too beautiful not to keep, and I figure it'll be my widow or kids who end up selling it, when I'm pushing up daisies. I used it as a weekly rider for a year or so, but for now it's a garage queen and used for light cycle path riding rather than proper off-roading (I have a Diablo with a lot of patina for everyday retrobiking these days). The problem as always is that to make a retrobike suitable for the rides I want to do, I need to compromise on period correctness and aesthetics, vs comfort and using components that work and and can be replaced when worn out. For my MT4, I've fitted a set of high profile cyclocross canti brakes, but ultimately I'd love to have some high profile Paul or Grafton cantis on there instead.

I reckon I probably got the only NOS MT4 in existence, thanks to you for keeping it safely stored all those years. It's too beautiful not to keep, and I figure it'll be my widow or kids who end up selling it, when I'm pushing up daisies. I used it as a weekly rider for a year or so, but for now it's a garage queen and used for light cycle path riding rather than proper off-roading (I have a Diablo with a lot of patina for everyday retrobiking these days). The problem as always is that to make a retrobike suitable for the rides I want to do, I need to compromise on period correctness and aesthetics, vs comfort and using components that work and and can be replaced when worn out. For my MT4, I've fitted a set of high profile cyclocross canti brakes, but ultimately I'd love to have some high profile Paul or Grafton cantis on there instead.
It sat in the bedroom for over 20 years while I felt so guilty for not building and using it, so it’s great it’s with someone who really cherishes it. 😀

Cheers bud do love an MT4 still have a frame and fork that needs to be built up taking the Ogre to Cannock chase next month for a retro race for a little fun
Nice one!
I haven't had a Dynatech for many years now, the last one was this - and I've no idea who has it now as it seems to be the only one in existence
0824469D-A0BA-4DFD-8F85-08E52D2D5776.jpeg 27D417CE-8675-4CA9-9EC1-79F122BB07E1.jpeg

Back