Raleigh bomber klunkeresque

Also.....googling reveals the bomber was 36kg against the grifter at 35kg and the grifter is half its size....so heavy as f**k but not tons more than a grifter. Clearly this one for sale has about 10kg of welding on the headtube to add to that.

I was intersted to know as remember the Grifter being like a lead weight & the bomber feeling svelte in comparison....

It looks like a fun bike.

Bikes are supposed to be fun, right?

No, no it doesn’t look fun…. it looks like it was dredged from the bottom of a canal, a canal which had been copiously enshitened!! ( © LGF)😂

I mean, have you seen the photos…?!

12BA20CD-551A-43B3-AC05-78F1FBFD7F8F.jpeg

Think the point of this is not that its winning any design awards or well put together (wonder why they didn't add more gears), its just a interesting relic....yes its a rusty piece of crap, at least someone had a go back in the day, obviously less fun now its been sat in a shed and for decades rotting, but sure it was 'fun' at the time as well as being a brakeless deathtrap......

my confusion is here why the critisim, clearly its not a mountain bike and can't compare with even the most mundane of the early 'real' MTBs but at least someone was having a go early on and clearly modellled on the USA klunkers that were also heavy & sometimes pieces of crap I imagine.

At least its sparked some comments....:cool:.....@LGF hates Bombers....

I never got BMX's even though I had a Mongoose motomag for a while (which I threw away.....very silly)...it was a dog though.

Heres me jumping my bomber into a lake in '83......see......fun....especially with more gears....those bars were shortlived so don't judge.

BOMBER.png

I never got BMX's even though I had a Mongoose motomag for a while (which I threw away.....very silly)...it was a dog though.

Heres me jumping my bomber into a lake in '83......see......fun....especially with more gears....those bars were shortlived so don't judge.

View attachment 577937
Is that StAlbans?

Latest posts

Back