Raleigh Banana 531c Restoration

MrW":39knymej said:
Looking good :)

Only thing I'd say is 'are the top tube decals too far away from the head tube?'

Edit: having looked at the Dave Rayner ex bike on here they aren't as far away as I had thought on yours!

Keep up the good work, and spreading the good name of the Heron

Yeah I've looked at so many photos and even the actual team bike decals vary in positioning, some have it in the middle and some nearer to the front, and the positioning of the seat tube and down tube decals also varies quite a lot too. So I provided lots of detailed photos to ensure the decals were positioned where I wanted them, and the paint sprayer understood what I was looking for, so it worked out well I think. :cool:

Re:

Looking good, they do vary slightly from bike to bike and year to year. I wa lucky that I had a perfect side profile to work on, on my bike.

Looks great, nice job. And a lot of attention to detail.

Lookiing at a Tange headset myself for my peugeot as my current 600 Ultegra's stack height is far to high.

Re:

Thanks for the comments, yes I think I would also struggle with the Ultegra headset, as it seems like the steerer tube is quite short on mine. :shock:

Making progress having got the stem, bars and brakes fitted, I can now roll down a hill on it! :cool:

Re:

Almost done! Bar tape, rear mech cable, saddle and seat pin fitted; all that is left now is chain, front mech and cable, bottle cages and final checks / adjustments. Hopefully I will be able to take it out for a shake down at the weekend, weather permitting. :D

Re:

Loking very nice indeed, your pictures are making me think about swapping my Rolls saddle for a Turbo one.

Re:

Finished and ready to ride! Got it all up and ready by about 11am today :) got my kit on and was about to head out for it's maiden voyage to get some nice outdoors photos, but then lightning thunder and rain came down. The forecast for the rest of the afternoon isn't looking promising either, so the outdoor pics will have to wait unless it brightens up later, though the sun is shining as I type, who knows what it's going to do next? I don't think the weather man can even guess.

In the mean time:

Re:

Wow, where did that weather come from? Shortly after my last post I looked at the sky and thought, to hell with the weather man, there's no way it's going to rain again. So just been out for a nice ride and it's crazy hot out there, so nice. :cool: And the bike is great, really very happy with what I have done and the way it has turned out. :D

Some better pictures now added to the gallery: (Full gallery: http://imgur.com/a/iBZ80#0)

And I'll do a spec sheet and put it in the opening thread.

A nice quiet road somewhere in Essex:
9BbE3c2l.jpg

Back