Raceface bottom bracket standard

Lostcause

Retro Guru
Thanks to stmoots on here I have a set of very nice Raceface Turbine lp cranks, thanks again 👍

After reading a bit online and searching on here it seems that Raceface had their own taper, not quite either of the common two standards, jis being the nearest it seems. I’ve looked online at replacement Raceface bottom brackets and apart from the algorithm directing me to Amazon to a shimano Raceface bottom bracket, whatever that is I can’t find anything definitive. I’m currently using an xt m750 crank with a 107 x68 mm jis BB, and I’m happy with the chain line and Q factor, I did offer a turbine crank arm up and it sort of works but the arm is closer to the chainstay. Has anyone on here found a source of Raceface bottoms brackets or does anyone know if Phil Wood makes one?
I have sent Phil Wood an email enquiring but I haven’t heard anything yet and it’s been more than 5 minutes lol D80A42C0-E24D-4666-A575-8BCC48B815D6.jpeg BD802C5A-E5A0-4C70-91BB-80EAA010EDB4.jpeg

Just you standard BB should be fine, like everyone else uses.
Grease none chromed tapers, your choice for chromed.

Instruction in archive.
The ones you have are also cranks from around 2002/2003.*

107mm is correct.

*edit, though I though they all had moulded granny bolt mounts by then..?

Sorry to side track, flat side usually means DH not LP (just beefed up LP but called something different).

These may be a year or two earlier or some OEM (remembered someone mention that).

4arm are rare, hence the sort of questions....

Just you standard BB should be fine, like everyone else uses.
Grease none chromed tapers, your choice for chromed.

Instruction in archive.
The ones you have are also cranks from around 2002/2003.*

107mm is correct.

*edit, though I though they all had moulded granny bolt mounts by then..?
Thanks for that, its reassuring to know. I was a little concerned about ruining them. Because the non drive side arm ( only side I tried ) is closer to the chain stay than the XT or I would ideally like, do you know if a 110mm JIS would space the arm away equally each side so an extra 1.5 mm on each side?

Sorry to side track, flat side usually means DH not LP (just beefed up LP but called something different).

These may be a year or two earlier or some OEM (remembered someone mention that).

4arm are rare, hence the sort of questions....
I'd be interested to find out, I'm looking forward to seeing them on the bike. Best Christmas ever lol

Just remembered RaceFace TaperLock are ISO standard. They're just a bit longer than JIS really. Normally you see the opposite if the cranks are ISO on JIS bb.

Anyway, a 110 is just longer on the NDS side, DS side stay the same, unless you use a BB that can be tuned.

Archive for some info for cranks and the TaperLock BB.

So their standard is called TaperLock. If I was lucky enough to find a Raceface BB, would it be a 107mm axle length id need? Thanks for the link, looks like 107 or 110

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back