Question - Which is the most famous/ respected cycle brand that no longer exists?

Peugeot.
Obviously the cars still exist, but I don't think they make bikes any more do they? More on the road than off, but a long list of wins in the TdF and other big races with works riders of the calibre of Simpson, Merckx and LeMond is a pretty serious pedigree.

Merlin

Though, I believe that DEAN is now manufacturing titanium frames that they brand as Merlin, so the brand has been revived :cool: !

Without searching the net for company ins and outs....

GIRVIN.

Who doesn't know or, recognise vector forks or flexstems. Certainly bolstered pro~flex for a decade. Or there abouts.

Peugeot.
Obviously the cars still exist, but I don't think they make bikes any more do they? More on the road than off, but a long list of wins in the TdF and other big races with works riders of the calibre of Simpson, Merckx and LeMond is a pretty serious pedigree.
Yes they exist and made very good ones, very good value for the money. SLX and a rock shox air fork for abour 850 euros in 27.5. That is a bargaing.

Last edited:
Dean are still going, still making titanium frames. They were quite helpful last year when I was building my one up, some original staff still working there.

Back